Friday, December 14, 2012

Pictures from my Phone & Weekly Distractions

Another week has come to an end. Thanks for helping make it great. Happy weekend strangers. Try to enjoy it. Pull your pants on, get out there, and have a good one.

This week's pictures from my phone come from a recent trip to an incredible waterfall, just a few miles from where I live. In Palau, everything is just a few miles from where I live.

As for the distraction links of the week, you'll notice one of them is an article that has to do with a fox. I was trying to explain the story of the article to Daniel earlier today.

So there was this fox that was killed! And you won't believe how it happened! The wolf got into this . . .

Wait. A fox was killed or a wolf.

That's what I said!

No. Which is it? Was it a fox or a wolf?

They're the same thing, Daniel. [Said as though Daniel is an idiot]

Do you seriously not know the difference between a fox and a wolf?

Um . . . of course I do . . . one has fox parts and the other . . . looks like a fox, too.

How do you not know the difference?! You are a grown man!

YOU KNOW I HATE ANIMALS! HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO KNOW WHAT THEY LOOK LIKE?!

Old mining tracks in the jungle. 
Floating down the falls with Brian and Hillary.

Don't be fooled. Those waters below are deadly.

Eli McCann, and a waterfall.

Daniel with the waterfall. Daniel insists that he looks like a woman in this picture and protests my posting it. Fortunately he doesn't know how to use the Internets so he'll never know that it's here.

TWO of them!

Daniel trying not to get washed away.

I think this might actually be the original Queen of Colors.






Crap to distract you from whatever you're supposed to be doing:

Stranger made it to the finals on three categories on this site's blog awards. Please vote!

Oh, BYU . . .

Cat wigs. Thanks, Krishelle.

The 35 most ridiculous Skymall items. I want ALL of them. Especially number 19.

"I was shocked. When I opened the door, the chickens came running out, happy as anything."

~It Just Gets Stranger

16 comments:

  1. adventure is out there!!
    I envy you so much I hate you. These are surely distractions when I should've worked on my annual report. -_-"

    uhmm..you kinda look like Keanu Reeves, am I right or right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doesn't Keanu Reeves have black hair and remind you of a horse? I think he looks like that freddie character off Les Mes. He is handsome

      Delete
    2. Or maybe a mixture of the two...

      Delete
  2. My first thought was that weren't foxes and wolves about the same thing. Then I remembered Swiper the Fox (from Dora). Yeah, they are different. At least I learned something from those lost moments watching Dora with my kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you see the rainbow your head is creating? That is pretty awesome. Are you the pot of gold at the end of it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pictures! And that kitty wig link is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So going to have to Google maps now because I have no idea where Palau is but it looks amazing! Maybe a vaca is in store!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cat wigs are scary. Really scary.
    And thank you for the distractions today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I understand your confusion about the fox/wolf. They are dogs and you are a crazy cat man. How are you supposed to tell the difference?

    ReplyDelete
  8. This was the perfect distraction from the devastating shooting that happened in CT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed. I was feeling really sick about that and I came here for something uplifting. You did not fail me.

      Delete
  9. From the chicken article:

    'He thinks he is human and chases our dogs around the garden, pecking them.

    'Now he is a murderer.'

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sometime search for Utah names on youtube. You won't be disappointed. I have a feeling it is worthy of appearing on weekly distractions... unless it already has, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Siamese Slanket, lol you were too predictible on that one! I'd say... the relax 'n nap pillows will do it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wolves:
    http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=wolves&qpvt=wolves&FORM=IGRE#view=detail&id=92097A3C6250D42C0E05672D3137210977B9D076&selectedIndex=56
    Foxes:
    http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=foxes&qs=n&form=QBIR#view=detail&id=B0B287A2199D3340CAE9B422E2122B75597597DB&selectedIndex=9
    Total Difference. I couldn't post pictures because I don't know how to use the "internets" very well either. Or pictures aren't allowed.

    ReplyDelete