Sunday, January 7, 2018

Sliced Bras

If the title to this post is clickbate for you, then PERVERT.

But for real, today we are releasing our first Strangerville episode of 2018 and we are doing things a little differently around here this year. I guess you could say this is sort of like THE YEAR OF NEW.

Nailed it.

Check out the episode at the bottom of this post and let me know what you think of the new format. It was sort of Meg's brainchild. And she was using her scary dragon voice when she suggested it and I always just go along with what she suggests when she's using her scary dragon voice. Her scary dragon voice is 120% of the reason why I helped her write this recap last week. And then someone somewhere on the Internet shared that recap and said that Meg Walter has started collaborating with her "husband" to write these things and then Meg sent me a screen shot of that post and was like "WE NEED TO FIX THIS I DON'T WANT ANYONE TO THINK I'M MARRIED TO YOU" which was a lot more offensive than she predicted.

Where was I? My brain is a little fried today thanks to a total cake-tastrophy that happened all. afternoon. Story on that to come later this week. Teaser: my family now has reason to stop talking about my 2013 Robitussin pie.


Until then, please do us a solid and enjoy the below episode.


This time in Strangerville we kick off our new format for 2018 and bring you our first story for the year. In this episode, Meg and Eli clear the air on the “Thanksgiving pecan incident,” a woman has a scare while babysitting a boy with special needs, and, of course, some TV is discussed.
Story: “Sliced Bras” by Megan
Production by Meg Walter and Eli McCann



~It Just Gets Stranger

21 comments:

  1. You guys are funny. I love the new format. Especially of it means more Strangerville

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot wait for that cake post. Also, loved the story, even though it creeped me out in the "look over your shoulder" kind of way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the new format! The story TOTALLY CREEPED ME OUT. I am just glad nothing else happened after that incident and the family wasn’t harmed in any way. I enjoyed it but was not expecting it! And I’m sad there wasn’t more resolution. But such is life right?? Haha. Great work, Eli and Meg. I love listening to you guys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?!? We need answers! And now I'm sort of nervous to go home and find someone has done the same thing.

      Delete
  4. I like this new format.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The new format is much better for me because I like to listen while I run and I don't run long enough to get through a whole episode so I usually have to sit and "stretch" for like 40 minutes after so I can hear the rest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same, but replace "run" with "morning train commute" because lazy.

      Delete
    2. Also the same, except replace "run" and "morning train commute" with, well anything else because you can't pay me enough to do either of those.

      Delete
  6. I am so glad you love The Great British Baking Show. It is the most delightful thing on television and I'm so sad that there are only 4 seasons on Netflix.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Great British Baking Show is what keeps my family together. OR something really drastic and impressive like that.

      Delete
    2. I love your description of The Great British Baking Show as a show about humanity and how Survivor should be. This show has become my standard to know whom among my friends I can really trust. The moment I know that someone is a fan of The Great British Baking Show they become instant kindred spirits. If they don't like it they still have some work to do before I trust them heart and soul. So welcome Meg and Eli to my kindred spirit family!

      Also, did you know they have a kids version that I've mostly seen on Youtube? Why Netflix hasn't picked it up yet is beyond me because it's super cute, even though Mary and Paul aren't the judges.

      Delete
  7. Is 22 considered "millennial"?? If so, #present.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anyone born between 1982-2004 is technically a millenial. Also #present.

      Delete
  8. A) Great story - totally freaked me out - I make my husband look in all the closets before bed last night.

    B) I kinda complained about Emrie's puke story but I wasn't mad. I wanted to make that clear if I was included in Eli's statement that "people were mad" about it. I just didn't read the disclaimer before listening and had fast forward past it because I started gagging myself. I had NO problem with The Suzzzz's puke story in the bad dates podcast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nicole I wish I could say that the Mountain Dew/Beef jerky incident was the ONLY puking story I had. Sadly there are many, many more.

      Delete
    2. You should go back and listen to the Emrie story fully when you are in a place where you think you can stomach it. It's one of the most entertaining things I've ever heard in my life.

      Delete
    3. The Suzzzz - I totally believe that. I also regaled my in-laws with your dating stories over the holidays - they think you deserve sainthood.

      Cam - I seriously don't think I can. Just THINKING about it now (months and months later) makes me queasy . . . If only Emrie wasn't such a good storyteller!

      Delete
    4. Thanks Nicole, I'll pass on Sainthood and settle for a first date that doesn't involve any of the following...vomit, being forced to meet the date's entire family, having to pay for the meal of the person who asked me out, or invitations to play D&D with his college aged roommates.

      Delete
  9. Also, when you said you were going to change Strangerville, I had probably repeated in my mind "It's going to be okay" over and over again throughout the episode in anticipation for some outrageous new format that I would hate. Fortunately, story didn't disappoint, and I will relax again knowing that the heart of Strangerville will go on. I love the little snippets about various tv shows, but the stories are the things I look forward to the most.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I promise you that Strangerville will always be about storytelling as long as it exists. We've got a great one coming you way next week from one of your fellow Strangers.

      Delete
  10. Okay, as one of your long-time fans who is a woman in her 60s, sitting here on a Wednesday night at 11:00, that music in the babysitting segment CREEPED ME OUT! Please don't ever do that again!!!

    ReplyDelete