Friday, January 10, 2014

Pictures from my Phone & Weekly Distractions

It's the middle of the night and I'm sitting here in my office because I suddenly seem to have a million things to do in my life and only like 12 minutes a day to do them. It also doesn't help that things like Youtube and laying on the ground doing nothing are still accessible to me. Combine this with the fact that self-control is apparently not a thing I get to have and BAM. In my office in the middle of the night trying to do work.

And with that, happy weekend. Here are your Friday Pictures and Distractions:

Jolyn and I wandered to Midway Utah to see the ice palaces. There were one million children there. Jolyn and I were two of them.




This is the car I bought. An Acura something or other. I love it with every fiber of my being. It's used, so naturally I assume that someone was murdered in it prior to my purchase.

With my terror of a niece, Kate. This kid will one day rule the world. And she won't be one of those good rulers that you like.

The truest Snapchat Jolyn has ever sent me.

Crap to distract you from whatever you're supposed to be doing:

The Ross Sisters. Warning: this video cannot be unseen. Thanks, Krishelle.

2013 street art. Thanks, Krishelle.

Photographs of bald men getting hit with water balloons. Thanks, Garrett.

Amazing images of Saturn. Thanks, Jeff.

Things Russians do that Americans might find weird. I can vouch for ALL of these. Thanks, Kimberly.

Hysterical Onion article about a church. Thanks, David.

How to murder a snowman. Thanks, Paul (and the Bloggess).

23 instant karma gifs. Thanks, Matt.

~It Just Gets Stranger

18 comments:

  1. Hahaha glass to see you found some music to listen to! The Ross Sisters are GREAT! VERY talented and versatile! :-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should have listened... that video definitely cannot be unseen. I barely made it to the two-minute mark before I had to turn it off. Unfortunately, I can still see it when I close my eyes...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice car! Must be pretty gently used because isn't it a 2012 Acura TL? My cousin had a 2006 and two weeks after he got it I backed out of the garage and drove right into the passenger door. I was quite distraught and paying $1600 for a new door wasn't fun either. Moral of story, don't let anyone back into your new car cuz replacement parts aren't cheap:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My question is, what is your new car's name?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was wondering this as well... :-P

      Delete
    2. Maybe I could get some help naming it?

      Delete
    3. Well, since someone was obviously murdered in it . . . or with it

      Maybe "Genghis Khan" - Gengy for short. Or Genghis Kar?
      Or "Bundy-mobile" - for Ted, not Al.
      Or perhaps "Apollo 13" - just for luck
      Better yet, "Christina" (hurray for Stephen King)
      Others: Moby Dick (it is white) or Berkowitz (Son of Sam)

      Delete
    4. Too small for Moby Dick. I like the sound of Genghis Khan

      Delete
  5. LOVE the pic with Jolyn! Cuties!

    ReplyDelete
  6. When you do eventually murder a snowman, please post pictures or video. Those of us without snow will very much appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for sharing the Instant Karma gifs! I was laughing so hard I had to wipe tears off my face!! And the snowman idea is awesome, I just wish I had snow here in OR!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, the instant karma GIFs were awesome; they cheered me up so much!

    As for your car, maybe Skywalker, in keeping with your Star Wars theme?

    Or, you could name it Finn in memory of the character from Glee, which if I recall, is your favorite show.

    Or, Zackura, in honor of Zack Morris from Saved by the Bell, my favorite show.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't think any other video on the internets is ever going to live up to the Ross Sisters. I was memorized.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gosh! Tell Jolyn she has gorgeous eyes, will ya? But don't do it in a creepy way, just in a 'Stranger fan wants you to know..." kind of way.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your hair's looking great, Eli.

    ReplyDelete