Thursday, April 28, 2016

Pictures from my Phone & Weekly Distractions

This morning my tire blew out on my way into the office. After an excessive amount of effort that I don't have the face for, I replaced the destroyed tire with a spare and then took the car in to the experts. The experts told me that I needed four new tires and I immediately accepted this because I'm a sucker when it comes to people telling me what to do with my car. Then the tire man told me that this would cost two hundred trillion dollars.

Eli: What?! I guess I'll have to dip into my child's college fund.

Man: Oh? How old is your child?

Eli: Huh? Oh I don't have one.

And now, your Pictures & Distractions:

I received this text from Cathie without any accompanying explanation. 


Mr. Teddy Scraps modeling his winter wardrobe. 

Matthew, about 10 seconds before I made him strip down outside so I could spray him down with water.

Eli McCann: menace. Do you think it matters that I look high in my new driver's license photo. NOT THAT . . . well, you know. 

Remember Jodi from last October when we invited her to John Michael's birthday party without realizing that John Michael didn't know her? Well, we sent her back to Canada this weekend. 
*****
Stranger Pictures of the Week
Thanks, Nicole.
Thanks, Bradley. (Spotted in the Michele and Donald D'Amour Museum of Fine Arts in Springfield, MA--La Poule by Picasso).
Why did the chicken cross the road? Sent in by long-lost Lee.


Crap to distract you from whatever you're supposed to be doing:

My recap from this week's Survivor.

Sleeping-bag bear. Thanks, Sarah.

The most popular type of store in each state. Thanks, Krishelle.

8 opulent places to visit around the world. Thanks, Jared.

A guy proposed to his girlfriend using an original Marauder's Map. Thanks, Jared.

A flying labradoodle goes on a big photoshop battle adventure. Thanks, Miles.

The 10 most hated TV shows ever. Thanks, Sandy.

Historic photos of Salt Lake City. Thanks, Brian.

Please join us at Imzy and find me on Instagram at eliwmccann.

If you would like to have something included on Pictures & Distractions, please email me at itjustgetsstranger@gmail.com.

~It Just Gets Stranger

19 comments:

  1. I love that you guys became friends with Jodi! And I'm sorry for her that she has to live in Canada.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe she know Lee! He lives in the Frozen God-Forsaken North, too! Canada's just a teensy little country, right? Of Course they know each other!

      Delete
  2. Having recently moved to DC, it doesn't surprise me in the least that custom clothing is the most-shopped-for item in DC. Also: Bob and Cathie forgot to come say hi when they were here. Rude.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A) YAYAYAYAYAYAYAY! I made P&D again!

    B) Eli - please tell Lee I miss him :)

    C) I completely agree with Cathie about public restrooms and no explanation is necessary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still around. Just not as much. Hiding in the shadows. And we stalk each other on Instagram so how could you miss me?!?

      Delete
  4. My husband and I honeymooned in the Alhambra in Granada, Spain. It was wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How did you get away with wearing your glasses in the DL picture??? They made me take mine off even though I need them to see 2 feet in front of me. My picture is funny because I'm not looking at the camera...I couldn't see where it was and the guy taking the picture just gave up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would bet good money that Lee's photo of the chicken on the road was from Hawaii, and I'd even wager that it's on chain of crater road in Volcano National Park. I have an almost identical photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't say exactly where the picture was taken, but you are correct in "Hawaii". I saw this photo and was SHOCKED that Lee hadn't thought to share it here!

      Delete
    2. Actually Anon, it was in Maui just after Nakalele Blowhole on Kahekili Hwy. And I use the term "highway" loosely as it goes from two lanes to one lane and both ways have to share the road. Which is especially dangerous when you're coming around a sharp turn and one side is a cliff wall and the other is a sheer drop. Anyway, these chickens were just wandering the road so I took a picture. So emelle then yelled at me to post it here. I cried a bit after the yelling...I told mom on her, and then I sent it to Eli fearing her wrath.

      Delete
    3. You're such a tattle-tale, Lee. I'm telling. Eliiiiiiiiiiiiii!

      Delete
  7. I assume those Canadian flags are covering something about the tee shirts that you don't want us to know, and I'm completely blindsided by this. I thought we were friends. I thought you told us EVERYTHING.

    ReplyDelete
  8. All those chicken photos are making me hungry. If I weren't at work I'd totally be home making chicken fricassee...or at least procrastinating while thinking about making fricassee, because if at first you don't fricassee, fry fry a hen.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Speaking as someone who has to clean a public bathroom, all public bathrooms should probably just be burned and rebuilt daily, that's the only way to truly ensure the germs have been destroyed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Okay, South Carolina...I can agree with the fireworks, but flea markets? I hate the flea market! AM I EVEN A SOUTH CAROLINIAN ANYMORE?!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LEEEEEEEEEEE I MISSED YOUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!! Were you stuck in a ditch?!?! Did you text Eli for help and he forgot to come get you??? Or were you on vacation for a really long time? Cause I didn't get a 'wish you were here' postcard....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vacation for a really long time. That's another thing Canada has going for it, I guess. Lots of vacation days. But you have to live in the Frozen North to get 'em, so that would be the trade-off.

      Delete
    2. Hi Andra!!! I was in Hawaii, like emelle said. Just thought I'd pop in and give an update. FYI, if you've never been to Hawaii, it's a must to go visit. What a beautiful place. I'm definitely going back at some point in the near future.

      Delete