Sunday, June 16, 2019

Like getting bought by Google

Last month Meg called me and said The Beehive wanted to take over Strangerville Live and I was like HOW COULD YOU THIS IS OUR BABY and Meg was like "they've offered to handle the logistics so we only have to worry about developing the stories and not hauling stages and chairs across the state" so then I immediately signed over all of my Constitutional rights and emailed them my social security number. They said that was all unnecessary but I'd do it again if they also offered to take over my laundry.

The point is, Strangerville Live is now a production of The Beehive, and we could not be more thrilled about it. This feels exactly like when you develop an app and then google buys it for 12 billion dollars. I've already replaced all of Duncan's teeth with pure gold.

And, we have a show coming up! Join us on July 12 at 8:00 PM at Church & State in Salt Lake City for our next Strangerville Live, featuring such hotties as Mara Lefler, Clint Betts, Alisa Van Langeveld, and Eli Whistlebottom McCann.



Get tickets HERE. As always, we are so grateful to y'all for your incredible support of this show that has been a dream of mine for many years.

Also, please enjoy a poop story on this week's Strangerville.


This time in Strangerville a woman goes to great lengths to poop like a normal person.
Story
Poop Mountain, by Laurel
Production by Eli McCann & Meg Walter


~It Just Gets Stranger

7 comments:

  1. For real, like how do you know my conference schedule? It's seriously uncanny that with the exception of that one show, all others have conflicted with a conference I'm running. July 12 - Pediatric Colorectal, yup 2 days talking about kids' poop and colons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! I can actually make it to this show!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nooooooooo! The one week of the summer I will be gone. It cuts me to the core that I will no longer be able to say I’ve been to every show. Does life even have meaning?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Coooooooooool you've been bought!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Every time I go to the bathroom, I know consciously think about Laurel's story and then proceed to analyze my own experience to see if it is "normal" or not. So yeah, thanks for that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poop Mountain! Mortifying. But I absolutely know what she’s talking about and now I’m wondering if I could also not have to spend so much time in the bathroom? Except maybe without an elevated throne? I had to do biofeedback for a different non-bum issue and it was really weird but insanely fascinating.

    ReplyDelete