Sunday, June 2, 2019

This is why I'm so careful about responding to your comments.

I met Meg because we both told stories at The Porch back in 2014. She was funny and I immediately wanted to be friends with her. We ran into each other a time or two after that but I never recognized her because #facialblindness.

Then one day I wrote a less-than-supportive review of the cinematic masterpiece, Jurassic World, and Meg, who is like so obsessed with me, chimed in.



Meg emailed me like four seconds later and was like "WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU WE'VE ALREADY MET LIKE 19 TIMES" and I was like "I HAVE A CONDITION NPR EVEN DID A WHOLE STORY ON IT SO IT'S REAL."

The next thing I knew, Meg and I were writing stuff together and doing some podcast stuff together and going to movies together so I could talk through them while she reconsidered everything. We even went to the Jurassic World sequel together so I could write another, even truer, review.

And I thought, "this is a great friendship where no one hurts anyone else. All we are is kind and supportive."

Then last week Meg texted me that she was watching my skydiving video and she apparently couldn't stop laughing and then next thing I knew she had created an actual GIF of the stupid thing so she could watch her favorite moment on an eternal loop.


This is a hate crime, right? I'm now a victim of a hate crime?

Anyway, please enjoy some Strangerville.


This time in Strangerville, siblings swap poop stories and Meg publicly shames Eli for his less-than-graceful plunge from the sky.
Story
More Poop, More Problems, by Hannah Dahl and Nick Morley
Production by Eli McCann & Meg Walter


~It Just Gets Stranger

11 comments:

  1. I can’t stop watching that GIF and I’m dying. 😂

    ReplyDelete
  2. The weird two-man-four-legged crab-walk/crawl amused me when I watched the video too. God bless Meg for making a gif, even if it a hate crime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. But how do i get this GIF on my phone so I can use it to text my emotions at the appropriate time?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you have an iPhone you just hold on the image and click Save Image when it comes up. Saves in your photos to enjoy forever. I will use it every time I have a meeting: “hey, are you available to meet at 4 on Tuesday?” Me: *insert gif*

      Delete
    2. It works the same way with android. Just hold the image and select download image from the menu.

      Delete
  4. I think it’s pronounced JIF, like the peanut butter?

    Loved the poop stories! Ha! Also loved that when Meg said she pinches Stanley so she can have an excuse to go out in the hall you don’t even comment! I think the therapy session woman moved into my ward. Or maaaaybe it’s her estranged sister! She was a teacher in Relief Society and would read the title of the lesson and somehow link it to her issues and have a discussion on how to fix them all and cut people out of her life. It was...fun. Wish I had a baby to pinch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope this is already clear, but I don't actually pinch my infant.

      Delete
    2. Of course! It was just funny that you said it and no one batted an eye or laughed or whatever...like, this is what we DO. It’s obviously not! (I hope obviously)

      Delete
  5. Pretty sure I just became best friends with Meg.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I’ve had a kid with c diff twice and now has celiac disease and one with inflammatory bowel disease. I’ve dealt with so much poop that I feel like somewhat of an expert now 😉. I have even had people send me pictures of their kid’s poop to get my opinion 😂. So thanks for sharing these horror/funny stories about poop it makes me feel a little more normal.

    ReplyDelete