Friday, February 22, 2013

Pictures from my Phone & Weekly Distractions

This has been one of my favorite weeks in Stranger history. TMZ, Above the Law, Urban Dictionary. Good times, thanks to you guys. We're like one big happy dysfunctional family together. And I love it.

The homegirl who wrote the Above the Law article about Britney Spears took issue with how I characterized her article yesterday and commented on the post. But we responded to her and were all like, "twice up the barrel, once down the side!" And she was all, "good point." Because twice up the barrel, once down the side is always a good point. And now I want to be her friend. Because I read her stuff and she's not so bad. Staci? You still around? Stranger welcomes all. Except for the Queen of Colors. And snakes.

And now, your pictures and distractions.

Daniel playing in a waterfall.


Rock Island

Rock Island

Rock Island


Crap to distract you from whatever you're supposed to be doing:

Had one job. Just TRY not to let this suck away 30 minutes of your time. Thanks, Matt. And congrats on that new baby. It better be named after me in some way.

Shame your pet. Probably more funny if you actually have animals. But still kind of entertaining.

Interesting map of the states redrawn to equal out the population sizes. Thanks, Mary Beth.

A map showing the most common place for Craigslist missed connections by state. Sorry if you come from one of the Walmart states . . .

8 new punctuation marks we desperately need. Thanks, Ann-Marie.

~It Just Gets Stranger

16 comments:

  1. I just wasted 30 minutes on "You had one job". Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hell yeah, bold women in Washington. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shame your pet is hilarious! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just might stick around, this seems entertaining.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome to Stranger, Staci! It is definitely entertaining around here.

      Delete
    2. Yay!!! Welcome Staci!

      Delete
    3. You may as well. Seems like you're a pretty good sport. ;-)

      Delete
    4. This site will suck all of your time away. And you will be so happy! Welcome!!!

      Delete
  5. I think we should get people to use the punctuation marks we already have before adding new ones. Just sayin'...

    ReplyDelete
  6. before i clicked the punctuation link i rolled my eyes. but then it was awesome and all was well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Eli,
    I read this post right before I went to bed last night. I then proceeded to have a dream where I came to Palau and stayed with you and all of your friends. I mostly remember a lot of dolphins. Also, I fit in really well with you and your friends.
    Keep being awesome!
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  8. Did you cut your friend's hand off?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MPG, I'm guessing poor Daniel lost his hand to infection after an unfortunate encounter with a sea snake, for which treatment was unacceptably delayed, with tragic, loss of hand consequences, due the staunch 'no rush' policy in Palau. No matter, he is still in the running for the Best Friend In The History Of The Universe title. In fact, there is a fair chance his odds have improved now that he can enter the Para-Best Friend In The History Of The Universe division, as competition in that class is limited on Palau, particularly in light of Eli's wanton teasing of unsuspecting would-be couch surfers. Hope this clears things up for you. You're welcome.
      Bridg

      Delete
  9. Thank YOU B. I was so nervous.

    ReplyDelete