Friday, June 14, 2013

Pictures & Weekly Distractions

Happy Father's Day weekend, Strangers. Special shout out to Bob. Remember when I was ten and you exchanged five days of being grounded for getting to watch me eat a whole tomato from the backyard, which you knew was disgusting to me? That, Bob. That's why you are the best dad ever. Well, and because you taught us how to prank call 1-800 numbers. Happy Father's Day. Wish I could celebrate it with you in person.

And now, this week's pictures and distractions.

Overlooking Palau from home.
There was a big swim race last Saturday out at the beach. I just watched from a chair. 

Daniel made a chicken pot pie. It was not good. Shhhhh.

We planted this pineapple plant on our balcony in OCTOBER. I do not have high hopes that this thing is going to produce before I leave Palau.

Sunset last night from my apartment.


Crap to distract you from whatever you're supposed to be doing:

Saturday is the last day to vote for Dean!

One anonymous Stranger made this amazing baby shower gift registry for me, since my blood type was a match with that pregnant lady's, which I think means I can take her baby.

Awkward pregnancy photos. Thanks, Paul.

Cat island. Thanks, Sarah.

Funny detention slips. Thanks, Lacey.

Procatinator. Because, why not? Thanks, Anna.

Extremely disappointing facts about popular music. Thanks, Jimmy.

~It Just Gets Stranger

24 comments:

  1. quite possibly the. best. baby registry I have ever seen...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, the registry was awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made the Stranger page!! I feel so special :)

    That registry was so funny! You're gonna be such a great dad, Eli!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked the synchronized grooming on cat island :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think we should actually buy stuff for this baby.

    ReplyDelete
  7. If I ever match blood type with a pregnant lady's unborn child... That's the registry I hope to have.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wait, there's a Target on Palau? My impressions of the island have been totally devastated!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A Target? Hardly. Although there is a store that sells overpriced flip flops downtown and sometimes other items!

      Delete
  9. Are you kidding with the Wood Block Menorah?

    I didn't figure you for the Wood Block Menorah type...a lot of people joke about wood block menorahs. But I know a lot of people like them and I just thought maybe you were joking. I don't know you very well, obviously, so I don't know your sense of humor.....

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks like the grossest chicken pot pie EVER.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Please let us know when the baby shower is. I'm sure many of us would love to attend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. "Deluxe Life Size Long Nose Rat"? They make deluxe rats? Wow, and all this time I've been getting the crummy utility rats.

    ReplyDelete
  13. OK, first of all, I want to move to cat island. Second of all, that baby registry rocks. Third of all, this: http://www.mnn.com/lifestyle/arts-culture/stories/10-false-facts-most-people-think-are-true. According to "fact" number 8 Daniel can eat all the deviled eggs he wants (as long as they have been properly refrigerated) with nary a worry about cholesterol. That's my good turn for the day. Thankyaverramuch.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for the shout out. Wish you were home also. Dad

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks Eli, from one of your links I ended up clicking on "Amanda Bynes tells Rihanna why Chris Brown beat her" and "5 best Comebacks To Annoying Facebook Posts". I just couldn't resist!.... About to slam the laptop closed, tell myself how my behavior makes ME feel,that I love me but I wont support this self destructive behavior anymore and then give myself an ultimatum!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey, a "turn your speakers off" on the Procatinator would have been nice. Some of us are trying to feed our addiction for all things Stranger while at work....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If your employer doesn't want you looking at cat websites all day, it's probably not a job worth having. Am I right?!

      Delete
  17. I want like 90% of the items on that registry.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think it's good that there is a terracotta hen on the nursery list. It's good to inspire fear in children from a young age and being watched night and day by a model Q of C is genius!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Aaaaaah! Why?! I thought this blog was supposed to be 'creepy-reptile-thing-youknowwhatI'mtalkingabout' free!
    Mutual fear of them! (Exactly why I can never enjoy swimming in shallow natural pools/ waterfalls or rivers!)
    Why does someone have a name with it and the profile pic of it?! It's creepy! Bahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaaaaah! Why?! I thought this blog was supposed to be 'overly-sensitive-over-cartoon-images youknowwhatI'mtalkingabout' free!
      Unexplained fragmented sentence!(Exactly why I can never fully enjoy the internet/interwebs or forums.)
      Why does someone have an anonymous name and profile pic to match! It's creepy! Bahaha

      Delete
  20. Sadly as of June 18th the baby registry list no longer shows, you should try to find a copy of it somewhere and post it on here so it can be viewed for all of eternity!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news%2Fbizarre&id=9144896 ... I think this is a story you would enjoy... cat-gratulations :)

    ReplyDelete