Thursday, June 20, 2013

Pictures & Weekly Distractions

Happy weekend, Strangers. We've got a great set of pictures and distractions for you this week. Enjoy, and stay safe. Beware of Leotrix riding on the back of the Queen of Colors.

This weekend is my mom's (Cathie's) 60th birthday. Happy birthday, big C. You don't look a day over [insert whatever age you want to look]. For 60 years you have done a pretty good job confusing, terrifying, loving, amusing, and entertaining all of the people around you. I don't know many people who are as loved and admired as you are, and as always, I feel so lucky to get to call you "mom." Here's to another 60 years! (Photo courtesy of Mindy Young)

One Stranger, Phoebe, sent a package this week covered in these great stamps and one beautiful return address sticker. Thanks, Phoebe!
From a floating dock, looking back to the beach one late afternoon.
Sunset from my apartment.
From my apartment. This hill was shaved completely off in December by Typhoon Bopha. Now it looks good as new.


Crap to distract you from whatever you're supposed to be doing:

Please read the HYSTERICAL comments on this post from Monday if you haven't yet. You people rock.

The Queen of Colors terrorizing Seattle. Thanks, Maureen.

Images that will break your brain. Thanks, Logan.

Over-dramatic warning road signs. Thanks, Emma.

Leotrix and cancer. Should we be happy or terrified about this? Thanks, Frances (and thanks for the package).

Someone get this cake for Daniel's birthday. Thanks, Brooke.

Famous paintings improved by cats. Thanks, Megan.

Classical sculptures dressed as hipsters. Thanks, Joanna.

Teens steal credit card and use it to take photos of themselves. Thanks, Brian.

Sorry, everyone. Warning. SNAKE. No thanks, Brian.

~It Just Gets Stranger

15 comments:

  1. Nice trick Julius. I'll be locking my door from now on. Thanks for sharing this warning. Please let me know if/when she learns how to pick locks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pics Eli. Funny stuff, especially loved the images that will make your brane brake.
    The link to the classical sculptures doesnt seem to be working for me. Found this one if anyone has the same issue.

    http://www.boredpanda.com/hipster-sculptures-alexis-persani-leo-caillard/

    Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Priscilla. I think the site is temporarily down. I'll check back tomorrow.

      Delete
  3. Your mom is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are absolutely right. She is the most stunning and beautiful thing in in the world. Happy birthday. Bob

      Delete
    2. I noticed how pretty she was too. :D

      Delete
  4. Leotrane and Julius are working together clearly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! One of mine got on!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So, I work in an office close to a body of water... we get snakes in our building A LOT. OK? Can we say hazard pay?? Anyway, I had convinced myself I was safe bc I am upstairs. I was wrong. So wrong. One climbed up the stairs. IT CLIMBED THE STAIRS, Y'ALL. Thank God it wasn't as big as the one in the video, but I don't care. No snake is a good snake, amirite??

    ReplyDelete
  7. http://now.msn.com/pizza-hut-mouse-photo-goes-viral
    Leotrix is at Pizza HUT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Feeling sufficiently horrified...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loved the distractions Eli! The warning signs were probably the best thing ever :)
    Also, this is a made up thing:
    http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/20sH0e/en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cat_piano/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your mom is so beautiful! Happy birthday, Cathie!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Surfing that thing call the world wide web and low and behold what do I stumble across...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHJzuJyBDYU My first thought was, whoa, Daniel speaks!!! This video is cute. My next thought was, so which one of you is dating Rachel McAdams? :o) Have a great weekend, boys. Love this blog. Makes my day every time.
    -Dr. V.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy birthday to your beautiful mother. Is it on the 22nd, like Fortify's?

    ReplyDelete