Thursday, July 11, 2013

Pictures & Weekly Distractions

Happy weekend, Strangers. It's an especially happy one for me. The prodigal son, Daniel, has returned. And what's more, my sister, Krishelle, will be arriving in Palau Sunday night. I can't tell you how excited I am to have a clean apartment for two whole weeks (the amount of time she'll be here). I hope she brings rubber gloves and a broom!

And now, your pictures and distractions:


We went diving this week. And saw a billion sharks, including this one. AND, I got to see like FOUR sea turtles! I love them with every fiber of my being! Thanks for the picture, Deb.

There. Proof. Eli McCann scuba dives.

This is the beach we stopped at for lunch between dives.


Out on the boat.

Kickin' it with my homegirl, Deb, on the beach.

*****

And now, I have decided to introduce a new feature to Friday's Pictures and Distractions posts. This is call The Stranger Picture of the Week. So many of you have sent me so many great pictures you have taken so I thought I might as well start sharing them. If you've got strange photos you've taken, new or old, send them on in. This week's comes from Kelly, who snapped this photo in Morocco.

Goats in a tree. Thanks, Kelly!



Crap to distract you from whatever you're supposed to be doing:

Social networking for the people who don't want to socially network. Thanks, Caia.

Man robs a gas station while applying for a job. Thanks, Brian.

Woman caught on video planning her husband's murder with a hit man. Thanks, Brian.

Texas teacher wears the same outfit for school pictures for 40 years. Thanks, Krishelle.

I'm posting this because it freaks me out and I don't understand. Thanks, Chelsea.

Nemesis wanted. British and French will be given first priority. Thanks, Craig.

~It Just Gets Stranger

20 comments:

  1. That goat tree picture is amazing.

    Thanks for giving me another image for my nightmares. Now I have to worry about goats dropping on my head.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I made the distractions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You swam with sharks! I hope the sea turtles protected you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um, I seriously love the use of the term "homegirl." I think it deserves more useage than it actually gets!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you hair looks amazing, even scuba diving in the bath!
    Bridg

    ReplyDelete
  6. So jealous of your scuba diving! I was a diver for about 15 years, until I had to quit, due to problems with my ears. I heart skips in excitement every time I see underwater photos or videos! Oh, how I miss it! Enjoy every dive and take as many photos as you can. I hope you enjoy many more happy years diving! (And if you would let me sleep on your sofa, I would go diving every day anyway....even if my ears fell off!) Post more diving photos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The video of the woman contracting her husband's murder...um W. T. F. ???!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my word... yes that was absolutely horrific. So nonchalant. "I'm going to shoot him in the face..." "Okay."

      I sure wish this was a case of the internet being wrong... the other day's post - "is everything on the internet true" haha

      Delete
  8. Oh man!! I wish I used Four Square so I could have a map of "safe zones" for avoiding any human contact with people I know. :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. Catflakes link isn't working... It just brings me to the Verizon search page for "cat flakes"

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your shark picture just reminded me of watching "SharkNado" last night..

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love diving. i am so glad i got certified. But i've only done boat dives, never a dive off a beach. i have also only seen really small reef sharks...it would be exciting to see a larger one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haven't you seen the Goats in Trees calendar? I got one as a gift for my birthday last year.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Goats in a tree? Pretty much the coolest thing ever.

    ReplyDelete
  14. My boss is from Morocco and he told me about the traditional way to obtain argan oil from pits in the feces of goats that live in trees. Argan oil is the new exciting thing in hair and cosmetics in the USA.

    Here is an excerpt from Wikipedia:
    "Before modern times, the Berbers of ancient Morocco would collect undigested argan pits from the waste of goats which climb the trees to eat their fruit. The pits were then ground and pressed to make the nutty oil used in cooking and cosmetics. However, the oil used in cosmetic and culinary products available for sale today has most likely been harvested directly from the tree and processed with machines."

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such awesome photos you know I have never tried diving and lets be honest here do not think I ever will..........but you photos are amazing........

    ReplyDelete
  16. Is it monday there yet? Just wondering.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think it's supposed to be 5 golden rings, not 5 goats in a tree.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have a whole calendar of goats in trees! It's called "Goats in Trees"!

    ReplyDelete