Friday, July 19, 2013

Pictures & Weekly Distractions

Happy weekend, Strangers. I just got back from an overnight adventure on a beautiful island nearby called "Carp Island." It was wonderful, except for the parts that sort of felt like camping. I'll probably tell you a little about it next week. But for now, I'll just leave you with some pictures of it and this week's set of distractions. Because I'm tired and cranky at the moment and probably don't have the stamina to write much more than this.

From the beach at sunset.


With Daniel in the jungle.

Krishelle kicking it in the jungle.

These horrifying crab things come out when you hold them to your lips and make a low sound. 

Daniel found much needed coconuts after we had been lost for almost 4 hours. We used this slab to break them open so we could get a drink.

The beach had TONS of these swings. And I tried ALL of them.

With Krishelle. We brought a bunch of stuff to barbecue on the beach. It was not tasty.

And for unknown reasons, the sink fell off the wall in our room.


Crap to distract you from whatever you're supposed to be doing:

So the whole "let's get chickens" thing isn't working out? I could have told you that. Thanks, Ashley.

Sharknado. It's a real thing, guys.  Thanks Emily.

Awesome sunburn patterns. Thanks, Julie.

Featherless chicken. WHAT THE CRAP!?!? Thanks, Shannon.

Facebook political debate. Thanks, Nathan.

Man's idea for tweet just pops into his head. Thanks, Daniel.

~It Just Gets Stranger

27 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, the sink thing has me snorting. How hilarious! It reminds me of going to the doctor here and then asking for a urine sample and all they had for a bathroom was a hole in the floor. Oh boy! I'm wearing pants and running shoes......anywho - thanks for the snort! I needed it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you know that all beaches have like, a ton, of sand! Seriously, a freaking TON! By-the-way I collect this sand in little labeled jars! True story! Anywho, is it in anyway possible that you could bring me back some sand from Palau? I'd be super greatful!
    -Lori

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "I've got a jar of dirt!"

      Delete
    2. My mother-in-law does this too. She has a jar of sand from different coasts, along with shells from that beach. They are pretty.

      Delete
    3. Ha ha! "I've got a jar of dirt!" Best use of that line, ever!

      Delete
  3. The peaches in the picture look really good and not rotten! Did Kirshelle smuggle them in from the US?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Somehow Palau has had better than usual produce this week. We are very annoyed because I think Krishelle is getting the wrong idea about how things usually are around here.

      Delete
    2. So she probably thinks you've been exaggerating all this time. Which is probably an easy thing for her to believe. :P

      Delete
  4. I just want to say thank you, because I've had a really crappy week, and your blog always gets at the very least a chuckle out of me. I really needed it and it's much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  5. the featherless chicken can not be unseen, I think it was created by the Queen of Colors

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE The Onion... too bad the featherless chicken wasn't on THAT site. I hate to think that it's real...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pictures are AMAZING! You guys look so fun. And how great that your sister gets to be there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Krishelle and I are wearing the SAME shirt! I'm sure it is even on the same day! You know since it is Friday here and I"m sure those pictures were taken on Friday! We are TWINS! I've always wanted a twin!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How did you figure out that the crabs come out when you put them to your lips making low noises?? Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also, I watched Sharknado last night. It was interesting to say the least.

      Delete
  10. The featherless chicken is sure to give me nightmares.... :(

    ReplyDelete
  11. I too am a Cranky Pants today. Thank you for distracting me slightly with your crab photo...

    DO YOU KNOW WHERE THAT CRAB HAS BEEN?!?!?!?! YOU PUT YOUR LIPS ON IT!!! WHAT IF IT CRAWLED INSIDE YOUR MOUTH??? I'm not really sure the last one is physically possible...BUT you never know.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What was the guys Tweet? I can't find it anywhere... and why was it news? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like how the main character on Sharknado is named FIN Shepard. Those movie writers are just so clever.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've had a sink do the exact same thing to me. NO IDEA how it happened. :-P

    ReplyDelete
  15. Can't wait to watch Sharknado!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Like optical illusions? Check these out!http://likes.com/weird/20-pictures-that-fool-your-brain?pid=88820&utm_source=mylikes&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=ml&utm_term=25916769

    ReplyDelete
  17. I LOVE these pictures. Best ones you've posted, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful pictures! Those crabs are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  19. When chickens are done laying, you just wring their necks...duh!

    ReplyDelete