Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Text Conversations to Remember

I was recently looking through my phone and I remembered that I had saved some of my favorite text conversations over the last couple of years with the intention of eventually sharing them with you. Here are some of them:


*****

[Coordinating for a blind date]

Eli: Hey, just to confirm, I'll pick you up at 7:00 tonight. Right?

Her: Sounds good!

Eli: Great! Touch you soon!

Her: Uh . . . that's . . . presumptuous . . .

Eli: I meant to touch youth!

Eli: AHHHH!!!

Eli: TOUCHING is not what I meant! See! I will see you soon!

Eli: Do you still want to go?

Her: Sure. But can we meet somewhere public?


*****


Jolyn: Ugh. Why do they sell meth at the farmer's market?

Eli: Seriously!? I knew it! Remember when I called this!? Which stand? It's those fresh bread people isn't it!? I told you there was something weird about them! The guy with beady eyes!

Jolyn: Uh. I meant meat. But I'm concerned about how not surprised you were that someone was selling meth.


*****


Cathie: How's my special special boy!!?!?!? :) Someone LOVE LOVE LOVES you!!! XOXOXOXOXOXO

Eli: Thanks. But who is this?

Eli: Oh, is this Mandy? BTW, last night was great. What time did you end up leaving? I never heard you get up. Oh, and what's your last name?

Cathie: NOT. FUNNY. Young man!


*****


Kurt: I've noticed that you never really smell good.

Eli: Uh . . . did you mean to send that to me?

Kurt: Yes.

Eli: Oh. Was it a typo?

Kurt: No.


*****


Cathie: No one likes a frowny face so change it to a smile! Turn that frown right upside down and smile all the while!

Eli: Mom, are you drunk again?

Cathie: You know I don't drink!

Eli: Just checking.

Cathie: I only get high on the good stuff.

Eli: Please don't say what I think you're going to say.

Cathie: I'm high on life! Because I love my little boy! XOXOXOXOXOXOXO!

Eli: Ugh. There it is.

~It Just Gets Stranger

31 comments:

  1. I love Cathie so much. Hahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kurt is much more direct than Daniel. I love the practicality.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cathie is my mother. Also, the bread people are always the closet druggies, more likely pot as opposed to meth. Not that I know what that is, Cathie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously? No Daniel texts?! You can't cut him out of our lives like this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes! We need updates on Daniel. Where is he? What is he doing now? How is he adjusting to life off of Palau? Also, Cathie is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Listen, you'd probably smell better if you stopped touching youth and buying meth at the farmer's market. I'm just saying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Love this comment. Maybe we (like I'm a part of it) should give Kurt a tell it like it is.

      Delete
    2. Kurt definitely needs to receive a TILIS award.

      Delete
    3. Uh, that would be TILII award. Must be the auto spelling on my PC. . . .

      Delete
  7. LOL loved the Kurt one. That was awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kurt is definitely a keeper.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I live in Olympia, WA, they may sell meth at our farmers market.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes this is very possible
      ~fellow Washingtonian

      Delete
    2. Tell me about it. (Except not really. Unless you feel an urge to talk about our state's unfortunate acceptance of this.)

      Delete
  10. your mom is hilarious - she reminds me of me :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Every day you post One of My New Favorite Posts. You are the funniest person I've never met. Thanks for never failing to make me smile. And sometimes choke on my laughter because I read this at work and I don't want to get in trouble. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thankyou, I sooooo needed that laugh this morning. Just that kind of week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. We'd get along SO well

    ReplyDelete
  14. This blog makes me laugh every day. A rare find.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Am I the only one waiting for you and Jolyn to make it out of the friend zone? (unless you're related... that would be awkward)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Is it the downtown farmer's market? I've heard that after chasing all the homeless people out of the park they have to wear hazmat gloves to pick up all the needles and other not-to-be-mentioned things before setting up the stands. Needless to say I've never made it to that farmer's market. But Bruges across the street is fabulous! I recommend the whole menu. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. The mom texts were great. I actually stopped breathing for a second b/c I was laughing so hard. Cathie. is. awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I never did send you my texts with people wanting to buy my minivan without seeing it--even when I told them it came with a pet snake in it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Buahahaha! I love this :) I love Kurt's comments. Not that I think you don't smell good. I think you smell like fresh citrus fruits all of the time! By the way, is that a new brand of cologne you're wearing? It smells heavenly! :) And I love that new shirt on you. Forrest green is a good color, and it makes you look super muscular.

    ReplyDelete
  20. i think cathie is my spirit animal.

    ReplyDelete
  21. touching. hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  22. Going through Daniel withdrawals. Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I want your phone number so we can have fun conversations all the time. But you don't know me. Sad day. Also, I'm commenting on this over a month after you posted... which goes to show you that I don't read Stranger every day, but I read months of posts at once.

    ReplyDelete