Thursday, February 2, 2017

Pictures from my Phone & Weekly Distractions

So Neil Gorsuch's name was put forward as a SCOTUS nominee this week and this has caused me all sorts of PTSD because you may remember that in November I wrote about arguing an Eighth Amendment case at the Tenth Circuit. Well, Judge Gorsuch was on my judging panel and I have traumatic memories of fighting with him about something I didn't think would be an issue for the first seven minutes of my argument.

I immediately texted Rebecca, who was in attendance that day, to see if she had heard the news. She responded, as any supportive friend would, "I can't believe you were beat up by a future Supreme Court justice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I don't love her characterization of the fight's outcome, but it does make me sound slightly bad ass.

And now, your Pictures & Distractions:
Mr. Duncan Doodle sleeps a lot.


Such a hard life.

Matt sketched this. Because he's as obsessed with Mr. Doodle as I am with Mr. Pants.


The Sea of Cortez, Mexico.

Krishelle gave Matt sewing lessons. 

Mr. Pants, sunbathing. 

A little jaunt up the canyon.

Facemasks with Matt, Natalie, and Skylar. They were painful. Matt made us use acid. 


Crap to distract you from whatever you're supposed to be doing:

Meg's Bachelor recaps are at their best this season. Seriously.

One beautiful chicken. The Q of C's alter-ego. Thanks, Jillian.

A sad update on Ukraine, where things have escalated again. Thanks, Michelle.

Sometimes The Onion just really gets me. Thanks, Krishelle.

Interesting article about where we get our news. Thanks, Brian.

Why you can't use cell phones on planes (some brief strong language). Thanks, Chad.

50 interesting google Earth images. Thanks, Ben.

40 awesome life hacks. Thanks, Cami.

Please join us at Imzy and follow me on the Istagrams at eliwmccann and Mr. Duncan Doodle at mr_duncan_doodle.

If you would like to have something included on Pictures & Distractions, please email me at itjustgetsstranger@gmail.com.

~It Just Gets Stranger

12 comments:

  1. I love posts like this with links to read! I now have about 8 new tabs open! :) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not very good at acronyms and I realize that my life would be easier if I just google things instead of admitting that I'm not sure or guessing. So here's my guess, based on context clues, for SCOTUS: Supreme Court Of The Utah State. Am I close? :D

    Also, Duncan Doodle makes me squeal like a little girl because of his melt your heart cuteness! We strangers approve your decision 1000000%!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You got 4/6. But then your comment about Duncan Doodle got you 12 bonus points. So you're in pretty good shape.

      Delete
  3. Didn't she technically get 5/6? I suppose I could be wrong about what it means and could benefit from a quick google peek myself, but I thought if she switched "Utah" to "United" and then discreetly tacked an 's' on "state" (and an s is not a full word) she would have it. Yes? No?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are very harsh graders at Stranger. There shall be no credit for failing to state the word in its plural form.

      But we give lots of credit for hair compliments, so it more than evens out.

      Delete
    2. Shoot and I forgot to give praise to the glory that is Duncan Doodle too!! Forgive me, oh Great Haired One.

      Delete
  4. Is that Puerto Penasco/Rocky Point?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is my first time reading your blog, and I am so in love with those pictures of Mr. Duncan Doodle. I think I'm going to have to come by here more often if you happen to post more adorable dog pictures ever.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We're going to have to call you Eli Doodle
    now

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two things.

    1) Mr. Duncan Doodle is so adorable it is physically painful to look at pictures of him.

    2) As soon as I heard the new SCOTUS nominee was from the 10th circuit, I was like, wait just one minute! It DOES make you sound bad ass that you got to argue with a future Supreme Court Justice.

    ReplyDelete