Thursday, October 12, 2017

Pictures from my Phone & Weekly Distractions

I woke up this morning to an angry email from Brianne demanding to know "why the hell" I hadn't shared with you all the story of our annual date, which happened yesterday. Brianne and I go on a very important date every October, date selected weeks in advance, wherein we walk the ten minutes to Starbucks, arm-in-arm, and purchase pumpkin-flavored treats.

We dress up for this event. It's our favorite thing that happens all year. It is the most important thing we have going on in our lives. And I failed to mention it anywhere on the Internet. So I hereby do so in hopes that I do not end up dead by the end of the day.

And now, your Pictures & Distractions:
Autumn in Utah.

We made Ollie and Duncan try on a black wig. They had mixed feelings.




Renley!

Not possible to get a non-blurry picture of these two together.

I don't even know.


Crap to distract you from whatever you're supposed to be doing:

An anthem to tofu. Thanks, Sarah.

A very important collection of watches. Thanks, MariLee.

What not to do in a foreign country. Thanks, Michelle.

I'm movin' on. Thanks, Skylar.

The comments on this video. Thanks, Margee.

12 people who turned into mummies before they were found. Thanks, Krishelle.

Another planet discovered? Thanks, Brad.

I am a Rock. Thanks, Paul.

Please come join us on the Facebooks!

If you would like to have something included on Pictures & Distractions, please email me at itjustgetsstranger@gmail.com.

~It Just Gets Stranger

11 comments:

  1. I am really missing your Survivor recaps. Not interested this time?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss them too. This month has just been so crazy for me and something had to give. I hope to return to them soon

      Delete
  2. Seriously? All that build-up and no visual proof of you and Brianne buying blechy pumpkin flavored treats? Why? What have we ever done but support you and love you and tell you how good your hair looks and how pretty Tami is? AND THIS IS WHAT WE GET IN RETURN??? Well, I never!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite part of the watches one was “Ships never because April’s fools”. Did you make another fake website??

    ReplyDelete
  4. The comments on that video are GOLD. Thank you for bringing that to my attention.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know why, but that link about the ninth planet gives me the SERIOUS creeps. Just to think about something that huge out there, just lingering in the dark and we had no idea it was there....ugh. cold chills.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That peanut butter video is a copy cat. THIS was the original ANNNDDDD the best!

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqhsBh3Hc-0

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahem...Paul Simons birthday seems to be as forgotten as your date with Brieanne

    ReplyDelete
  8. So it occurred to me a few minutes after reafing this that when you said you 'dress up' you meant like nice clothes, but my immediate assumption was that you dressed as pumpkins or at least in all orange and I was disappointed when I realized this was not the case

    ReplyDelete
  9. The tofu vid is hilarious. But I kept listening to his other stuff and he's actually a great entertainer. You should have him on Strangerville Live!

    ReplyDelete