Friday, May 30, 2014

Pictures from my Phone & Weekly Distractions

I will forever and always be jet-lagged for as long as I live. I've been home now for about five days but I feel like I've been dead for about twenty years. What's scary is that since my birthday happened during the whole trip mess, I can't tell whether I'm tired because of what I just put myself through in Eastern Europe or if this is what it feels like to be thirty.

Someone please bring me some prune juice and a cane!

And now, your Pictures and Distractions:

My niece, Kate, who can always make me smile.


Brandt gave me a record of Paul Simon's Graceland for my birthday (the greatest album of all time). I was giddy. Then I immediately stuck it in my record player. Because, yes, of course I have a record player but no ipod. 

Driving through snow from the family reunion a couple of weeks ago.

My new painting from L'viv. Getting framed now.

I found another one of Rebecca and Kyle's Easter eggs. Eight more to go.

The Mormon temple in Kyiv.

*****
Stranger Picture of the Week
Thanks, Chava


Crap to distract you from whatever you're supposed to be doing:

Pictures that desperately need an explanation. Thanks, Alesha.

Cat saves boy from dog attack. Thanks, Anna.

Unrelated correlations. Thanks, Chad.

China's obsession with Kenny G. Thanks, Brian.

The intelevator. Thanks, Kim.

Gluten free people don't know what gluten is (REBECCA!!!). Thanks, Michelle.

Cat runs into door on tv. Oh. My. Gosh. Thanks, Veronica.

If you would like to have something included on Pictures and Distractions, please email me at itjustgetsstranger@gmail.com.

~It Just Gets Stranger

11 comments:

  1. Hah. I have a record player, too. I do have an iPod, though... which is more useful when I want my music on the road...
    Country Girl's Daybook: Jesus, Photography, Fashion, & Food

    ReplyDelete
  2. The intelevator was an awesome way to start the day...

    ReplyDelete
  3. will you show us the babushka's art next time?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you're home safe, but I love that you went (being of Polish/Lithuanian descent).

    And yeah...sorry...that's what it feels like. Welcome to the dark side of 30. At 44, I wonder how I'm even still mowing the lawn any more--like, why aren't we hiring this stuff done? We're OLD, dang it.

    See? I barely e ven ha ve the str ength to type anym ore

    *wanders off for more coffee*

    ReplyDelete
  5. First off, I turned 30 on Sunday, and I am super tired too! Clearly we have just crossed some sort of threshold and we are doomed to exhaustion foreverrrrrr.

    Secondly, those correlations are AMAZING! Clearly we all need to stop eating margarine in order to save the marriages of the people of Maine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Weren't we promised a picture of the embroidery? Just a friendly reminder. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you can't forget the embroidery!!

      Delete
    2. Darn! I totally forgot. I will right this wrong soon!

      Delete
  7. I feel so famous! The cat, Tara, lives 20 min from me. I've never met a cat I like, but I'd TOTALLY let Tara sleep on my porch.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've just been watching the cat running into the door on a loop and it gets funnier and funnier each time.

    Also, the Intelevator was AMAZING! I feel like you need to meet those guys and gave a special "Messing With People" extravaganza/event :-P

    ReplyDelete
  9. If it's any consolation, I think I managed to keep myself pretty exhausted through my 20's, too, so I'm not sure I can blame all of it on being in my 30's...

    ReplyDelete