Thursday, May 8, 2014

Pictures from my Phone & Weekly Distractions

I have some news that is about to change your lives. Well, maybe not change them. But I suspect that you'll be excited to hear this news. Or you'll be at least interested. Or mildly intrigued. Or . . . well if you're not at least mildly intrigued then I don't know why on Earth you even come here. (Note: the answer is BECAUSE WHAT IF PAUL SIMON).

Phone conversation today:

Eli: Hello?

Daniel: I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa-aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack

Eli: Oh dear.

Daniel: Guess who lives in Salt Lake City now!?

Eli: You are going to cause chaos in my life.

Daniel: I'll do my worst!

Eli: The timing is suspicious and I'm suddenly not convinced that you and Rebecca aren't the same person and this isn't some kind of Mrs. Doubtfire situation.

Daniel: Pardonnez-moi?

And now, your Pictures and Distractions:
Paul Cyclemon, waiting in transition.


With my sisters the day before the race.

Brandt trying on sunglasses to wear during the race.

Salt Lake City from the office on a rainy spring day.

Taking Paul Cyclemon apart to fit him into my sister's car after the race.
*****
Stranger Picture of the Week
Thanks, Andrea. But be ye not fooled: the Q of C has no friends.

Crap to distract you from whatever you're supposed to be doing:

Untranslatable words. Thanks, Kim.

Mugshot t-shirts. Thanks, Francie.

Here. Let this video guilt you out of using social media and explain why you're still single. Thanks, Jack.

Every chicken dance from Arrested Development. Thanks, Francie.

Beautiful steps artwork. Thanks, Francie.

Fun pictures of a dad and his three-year-old daughter. Thanks, Kim.

A proposal to build a mountain in Berlin. Thanks, Brian.

This video had me on the edge of my seat. The first time man broke the four-minute mile. Thanks, Brian.

Shaq vs. cat. Thanks, Michelle.

Missed connections on Craigslist . . . for jerks. Thanks, Austin.

And a blast from the past for me. In honor of Mother's Day, let's let Mr. T remind us to treat our mothers right. Thanks, Kalli.

If you would like to have something included on Pictures & Distractions, email me at itjustgetsstranger@gmail.com.

~It Just Gets Stranger

19 comments:

  1. Why do I feel like my life suddenly got better?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, SLC is gorgeous. I always thought it was a wasteland from the way you describe Utah, but it's really pretty.

    Welcome back, Mr. Daniel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the desert blooms along the Wasatch Front (that's what we call the west side of the mountains we live on). We have a massive 13" of rain every year, and we make it count. :) (Now, go out west 45 minutes and you are in amazing desert. A bit more than an hour and you can even see the salt flats.)

      Delete
    2. It looks so clean and beautiful! I think I need to move!

      Delete
    3. It's a trap :-)... go back and find that picture Eli posted of what happens when there's a temperature inversion on the Wasatch Front. <>

      Delete
  3. Daniel's back? If he moves in with you, that would be the best Mother's Day present EVER. Watch, my six-year old will give me something touching and handmade and I'll be all, "Thanks, sweetie! But more importantly, Daniel's back!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. As previously discussed, I am so very proud of you for the Ironman race. I also very proud of you for actually standing and appearing to particpate in that picture of putting the bike in the car. I'm pretty sure if that were me (never), there wouldn't be standing and helping going on. There would more likely be pointing, grunting and crying but not a lot of helping.

    ReplyDelete
  5. DANIEL'S BACK?! For real?! Will the two of you be living together again? The people need to know! And I'm with you on the whole Daniel/Rebecca/Mrs. Doubtfire situation.

    On another note, be safe in Ukraine!

    Also, has Trixy delivered the babies yet?

    ReplyDelete
  6. (Clapping excitedly) It's like my favorite "Friends" characters reuniting. I sure hope this isn't a late April Fool's day prank. Or could it be that he's moving closer so that Trixy can have a FT nanny? From the previous snapchats he sent, she looked a little further along. Could it be that when you return from your trip that your apartment will be littered with mini Trixies? Hey, at least now you will have the workforce needed to hunt down all those missing Easter eggs that Rebecca stashed around your apartment. Sounds like a match made in cat hair heaven to me. Oh & Bonne Journee...I wish I stayed fluent in French.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very smart of Daniel to wait until AFTER the Half Iron Man and it's training, to move back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, but isn't he back just in time to train for the FULL?

      Delete
  8. Oh good. I was worried about who was going to do your laundry with Rebecca leaving.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love reading the comments almost as much as the blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just wanted to say to Jack who posted that link about social media. That was awesome man. Everyone in the world needs to watch that.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mr. T... Is that what the kids are listening to now? This is the first time I've heard him.

    ReplyDelete
  12. THIS POST.
    AHHH ALL KINDS OF EXCITEMENT!!!!

    ReplyDelete