Thursday, July 9, 2015

Pictures from my Phone & Weekly Distractions

It was the best of times. It was the worst of times. Matthew Pants went to his home state of Mississippi (or, as he calls it, "Miss'ippi") to remodel his house there and sell it. He left Mr. Ollie Pants in my enthusiastic care. Mr. Pants and I have had our ups and downs this week.

Ups: Every moment in which we have gazed into one another's eyes in gentle longing affection.

Downs: 3:00 AM barking at nothing in particular on Wednesday night followed by two hours of dropping toys on my head.

Young Wade tried to take him from me one night so I could "sleep in peace." I acted like he was a social worker trying to take my baby from me. You guys. I love this animal too much.

And now, your Pictures and Distractions:
With Mr. Pants!


Date night with my Emma.

Twenty minutes after we dropped Matt off at the airport (at 4:30 in the morning) Mr. Pants rolled around in the mud.

Mr. Pants!

Mr. Pants and I spent an entire day on the couch like this. Eating cheese. 

Lagoon trips with Ms. Hannah Rose are BACK!!!!

*****
Stranger Picture of the Week
Thanks, Wittle.



Crap to distract you from whatever you're supposed to be doing:

Clever ways to cover your body in cats. Thanks, Jennifer.

Texts from your cat. Thanks, Natalie.

Sea turtle with a camera. Thanks, Christy.

Restaurant customers who were not supposed to eat that. Thanks, Brian.

Screen addiction is taking a toll on children. Thanks, Simon.

Amazing home libraries. Thanks, Jacob.

Awkward first date live-tweeted. Thanks, Samantha.

The Onion is my very best friend. Thanks, Jackie.

Please follow us on the Facebooks and the Instagrams.

If you would like to have something included on Pictures and Distractions, please email me at itjustgetsstranger@gmail.com.

~It Just Gets Stranger

12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Not what you are thinking; long time friend...haven't heard a lot about her lately though.

      Delete
  2. It is ridiculous how cute that dog is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeez, can't Eli post one picture of himself with a female without an inquisition? People can be friends with the opposite sex. NOT THAT I KNOW WHAT THAT IS, CATHIE.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So my key to internet fame, or at least infamy, is live tweeting all the bad dates I've had in the last 3 years? Why didn't anyone tell me this sooner?!?! That pain has to be good for something, even if it is just making strangers on the internet laugh so hard it hurts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like how you and Mr. Pants wound up with the same expression on your faces in the couch/cheese day picture

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They also have the same expression and head tilt in the "after the mud" shower scene!

      Delete
  6. The Onion article had me chuckling. When I was 8 years old we would run up to the church two blocks from my house where all the neighborhood kids would gather anytime it rained I never saw any parents when we would go and RIDE the waves of the current in the ditch of the church because it was on a hill and all the water from the neighborhood would run their then into the sewer. It was a different time then for sure. Now you would surely die if you did that from being sliced up by any manner of sharp and killing objects. But it brought back great memories with the thought of kids in ditches. I'm not sure that our parents really worried that much about it. Maybe, but wasn't that their job just as much as us kids (all 7 of us) job was to run around and find fun things to do when they weren't looking?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hannah has perfect teeth. And so do you if I think about it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. FYI there is an Anna Kendrick movie called Happy Christmas and the dog in the movie is named Mr. Pants. I'm not saying it's copyright infringement, but I'm not saying it isn't either.

    ReplyDelete