Thursday, July 2, 2015

Pictures from my Phone & Weekly Distractions

Did you guys hear that this weekend is The United States of God Bless America's birthday? Party hard, Strangers. Tami and I will be barbecuing if anyone wants to come over. She's in charge of the potato salad this year.

Also, my baby sister is emitting human life from her womb as we speak. Cathie keeps texting me things like "GET YOUR FANNY TO THE HOSPITAL RIGHT NOW AND SUPPORT YOUR SISTER AS SHE EXPERIENCES THE MIRACLE OF LIFE!" But I had to watch that movie in tenth grade health class so I'm shuffling papers in my office and pretending to be really busy until I get the "all clear" from Krishelle that the bad scifi scene is over. Then I will swoop in and steal that baby because it's my turn.

And now, your Pictures and Distractions:
With Mr. Pants on Father's Day


High above Salt Lake City

Where the laws are made, Salt Lake City

A surprise visit from a blast from the past--Ms. Paula.

Finally dejunking my basement and I discovered evidence of the three darkest years of my unathletic life. 


Crap to distract you from whatever you're supposed to be doing:

Catcon. Thanks, Sandy.

The chicken swing. Thanks, Chris.

31 parents share the funniest thing their kid has ever done. Thanks, Cara.

How to subtly cover your house in cat stuff. Thanks, Whitney.

20 embarrassing phrases even smart people misuse. Thanks, Brian.

Cats in kimonos. Thanks, Krishelle.

Beach onsies. Thanks, Tyler.

Little girl channels Aretha Franklin. Thanks, Krishelle.

Please follow us on the Facebooks and the Instagrams.

If you would like to have something included on Pictures and Distractions, please email me at itjustgetsstranger@gmail.com.

~It Just Gets Stranger

12 comments:

  1. I met your doppelganger yesterday, it took me forever to figure out if it was you or not... Unfortunately I have to act like an adult at my job and couldn't yell across the commons area "Hey, are you Eli?!" Later he came up to my desk and I realized he was much shorter than I imagine you being and his name was Jacques. *dreams crushed*
    ... I don't know why I thought you would be visiting a junior college in Texas anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was in SLC Wednesday night for a show. My friend and I were eating dinner on an outdoor sidewalk patio and a sharp dressed guy with amazing hair walked by and I had to do a double, but I'm 99% sure it wasn't him. Eli maybe you better start wearing a name tag when you're out and about in your fair city "Why, YES, I am Eli McCann...but enough about me, what about my hair?". The friend I was with doesn't read the blog and thought I was staring because the guy was good looking and she told me to go talk to him because apparently I''m single and desperate.

      Delete
    2. Eli - did you hear that? Suzuka single and desperate!!

      Delete
    3. Nicole do you know my friend Christie? You guys should compare notes.

      Delete
  2. DID YOU REALLY JUST INVITE ME OVER IT'S A DREAM COME TRUE. Now we just have to figure out how to find you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it is kind of like a treasure hunt. Like Springfield in the Simpsons, they never say exactly where it is, but they give a lot of hints. Eli gives us pictures and small bits of information and then we have to use our knowledge of Salt Lake and its neighborhoods to find his house. Of course, this is much harder given Eli's reputation for truthfulness and propensity for exaggeration. (I think it might be easier to follow him home one day.) And Eli, when I do show up at your house, there had better be some good barbeque, or at least some fresh-baked bread in your front room.

      Delete
    2. Just follow the sounds of someone screaming into the phone on a 911 call...

      Delete
  3. TENTH grade health class? Oh, Utah...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know about Eli's school district, but I'm in Utah, and in my district we had health class with "that unit" in both 7th and 10th grade.

      Of course, when I lived in Wisconsin, I had it in 4th grade.

      Delete
  4. Tammy in charge of the pota-TOE salad? I see what you did there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. BTW, the link for Catcon is incomplete. :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2015/jun/07/catcon-2015-comic-con-for-cat-lovers

      Because this is important.

      Delete