Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Episode 4: The World of Mothers

Exciting news! I have pink eye!

Wait. That's not what I wanted to tell you. I mean, I did want to tell you that. But the really exciting news is that Episode 4 of Strangerville is up and ready for you!

Take a listen to what Celine Dion is already calling "a work of art only matched by the drawing Jack did of Rose on the Titanic."

We are thrilled will Episode 4, which happens to feature at least one mother that I know you have all been desperate to hear from for a while now.

As usual, we shamelessly beg of you to please help us get the Strangerville word out by sharing Strangerville with your friends and family. We have been blown away by the response to Strangerville and we have so much more great content coming your way. We'll keep doing our best to bring you something valuable and you do your best to get the word out there. Everyone has a responsibility here.

THIS IS HOW FAMILIES WORK.

And with that, I'll turn you over to Episode 4. Be sure to stay tuned in through the end for an exciting announcement about Strangerville.



In Episode 4, we explore the World of Mothers. Motherhood varies, but affects us all. Jolyn and Eli's moms respond to a variety of questions they find too silly to take seriously. One woman falls into motherhood at a young age and in a unique way. And a man discusses for the first time in detail what it was like to lose his mother to a terminal and terrible disease. 
Segments
1. Cathie and Nancie by Cathie McCann and Nancie Metro
2. "She Makes Life Better for Me" by Brianne and JJ
3. Voicemails by Tyler Wood



  ~It Just Gets Stranger

16 comments:

  1. Brianne is a saint! I just bawled through her story. I loved this whole episode. Just the perfect balance of humor and emotion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't do it, buddy...just buried my mother on April 30th.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hugs to you, Awesomesauciness. Check back next week for something more lighthearted.

      Delete
    2. I'm sorry for your loss, we just went through a loss in my family too, and it's not easy, but I'm praying that you and your family will have peace

      Delete
    3. I'm so sorry Awesomesauciness. I agree with you not listening right now, but maybe eventually. I lost my father in 1998 and the episode hit me, but the other parts are lighthearted (Cathie and Nancie were funny). And one of the things that they were talking about at the end was that he needed to have people remember good things about his mom, not crying over the loss of her. We in Strangerville will always be here for you to hopefully lift your spirit when you need it.

      Delete
    4. Hugs Awesomesauciness. I lost my mother almost 11 years ago. Her birthday is at the end of April and with Mother's Day being the beginning of May, it's always a difficult time of year for me. I hope you're able to find some joy in these rough times.

      Delete
  3. This is one of the best podcasts I've heard. It is quickly becoming my favorite. Amazing job with this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVED this Podcast! Great job you too. I guess I didn't sound too awful. ;)

    XoXoXo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your assistant is the best person in the world. Oh, her story just stomped on my heart. I'm glad she has you as a friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I should not have listened to this while I was putting my makeup on this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So I feel the need to make sure you and Jolyn are aware that replacing the B-word with Pitches is from Pitch Perfect . . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I'm definitely aware. Absolutely where my mom got it from. :)

      Delete
    2. Oh thank Loki! You really had me worried for a moment . . . wait - what is your mom doing watching Pitch Perfect???????

      Delete
  8. I was also one of those kids that got pulled out of church a lot for a spanking... with my mom's shoe. Being the good little Pentecostal (and smart-mouthed) girl I was I once yelled while being dragged out, "Everyone pray for me, please?!" Obviously during the sermon, for dramatic effect.
    I can relate. Obviously, I never lived that one down.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tyler, this is so touching. Thinking of you and praying for you!

    ReplyDelete