Sunday, December 17, 2017

Silly Face Picture

Eli: Uh . . . Skylar?

Skylar: What?

Eli: Can you please explain to me what is happening here?

Skylar: What are you looking at?

Eli: A picture of the two of us from that party last night.

Skylar: What about it?

Eli: Well, someone just texted it to me. And I'm wondering what the hell is going on with you in this picture.

Skylar: Oh, I was very sweaty because it was hot and for some reason I had decided to wear a cable-knit sweater even though I knew it was going to be 100 degrees inside that apartment. I had also not been feeling very well and had a rash on my--


Eli: No. I'm not talking about your sweating. Or rash. I'm talking about the face you're making in the picture.

Skylar: Was I making a face?

Eli: I'm not really sure what you were doing. It almost looks unintentional.

Skylar: Ohhhhhhh. I just remembered. This was the silly face picture we took together.

Eli: What silly face picture we took together?

Skylar: We were just sitting there talking and someone was like "say cheese!" so we made silly faces.

Eli: No, we didn't. Nobody ever suggested a "silly face" picture. Also, we're grown men. I haven't been asked to pose for a "silly face" picture since at least 1996.

Skylar: I guess I just assumed it was a silly face picture because those are so much more fun than just boring smiling pictures.

Eli: I'm not even sure if you can call whatever is happening to you here a "silly face."

Skylar: What do you mean?

Eli: It looks like you are having a stroke. In an anti-gravity machine. While pooping your pants.

Skylar: Ok, let me see that picture . . . WHAT THE HELL!?

Eli: Exactly. WHY are you making that face?

Skylar: I LOOK LIKE A CRAZY PERSON NEXT TO YOU! EVERYONE IN THE ROOM PROBABLY THOUGHT I WAS INSANE! I THOUGHT YOU WERE MAKING THAT FACE TOO!

Eli: No. I would never do that to my face.


~It Just Gets Stranger

13 comments:

  1. I see the stroke. Definitely pooping. Maybe some Don Rickles. I'm not sure where the antigravity machine comes in though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely saw the pooping - Good call on the Don Rickles. Maybe he's just upset his hair didn't look as good as Eli's.

      Delete
  2. Amy Rose, it appears that Skylar also suffers from the mysterious dessert face disease.

    —Michelle Collett

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh the dessert face. Poor Skylar. Although, this absolutely locks him in as my favorite. Which, again probably, deserves a “ah, poor Skylar.”

      Delete
  3. Don't forget the macarena thing he's doing with his hands. Frankly I'm a little frightened of this photo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He looks like someone who has had smiling described to him but has never seen or done it before and is taking a picture for the first time ever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Actually he looks like my 10 year old when we ask him to smile for a nice photo. I have to tell him a mildly inappropriate joke to get him to make a real smile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha this made me think of when I was photographing a friend of mine and he seemed nervous so I kept saying "I just like to smile; smiling's my favorite." and it would make him laugh.

      Delete
  6. I think Skylar is perfect. I mean look at that hair and those perfect eyebrows. He can pull whatever face he wants.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never met this Brianne Fallis, but she seems like someone who should be on the blog full time. Beautiful inside and out!

      Delete
  7. Skylar manages to do snapchat distortions IRL.
    Eli, your hair looks fabulous in this picture!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Please tell him NOT to make that face to patients when he becomes a doctor . . .

    ReplyDelete
  9. You two are couple goals. Love your banter.

    ReplyDelete