Thursday, December 14, 2017

Pictures from my Phone & Weekly Distractions

You'll be happy to know the Snuggie, of such fame as the Strangerhood of the Traveling Snuggie, has made it to half a dozen lucky wearers in multiple United States of God Bless America. I'm told only one person has died so far. You know those websites that show where Santa is on Christmas Eve so kids can track his progress? We should have one of those for the Strangerhood. Awesomesauciness, can you hurry and build that for us?

Also, because I told you this week I was sick and then all of you were like "DON'T GO TO WORK YOU SELFISH BASTARD YOU'RE GOING TO KILL EVERYONE" I decided not to go to work because I didn't want the guilt of killing everyone on my conscience. Then I donated five dollars to [charity that will appease you] to make up for having gone in early this week.

And now, your Pictures & Distractions:
Ollie makes a mean borsch.

Throwback. 

We went to a decades party.

I worked on this scarf for several hours before realizing I was doing it wrong so I unraveled the whole thing and started over. 

Not happy that it's bed time. 

My knitting snuggle buddy.

Oh, Ollie Pants.

This is how Duncan nursed me back from the brink of death. By dropping the ball in front of me non-stop for five days so I could throw it for him. 


Crap to distract you from whatever you're supposed to be doing:

Meg and I combined powers and wrote a thing together.

A message from 14-year-old girls (language warning). Thanks, Michael.

Warning: poop. Thanks, Mimi.

But do they make one that will work for Duncan? Thanks, MariLee.

A phenomenal parody. (Language warning). Thanks, Bryce.

Some memories about each Sandy Hook victim.

Come find us on the Facebooks.

If you would like to have something included on Pictures & Distractions please email me at itjustgetsstranger@gmail.com.

~It Just Gets Stranger

25 comments:

  1. I meant to email Eli to ask him to put this announcement in with Pictures and Distractions, but somehow Thursday snuck up on me and has it always come this quickly in the week or is this a new thing?

    Kylle and I are going to be in Lincoln, Nebraska at a Runza on December 28. If anyone is near the area and wants to come hang out with Strangers, please come! Is it safe to post more details here or should I ask people to email Eli first, or message me on Facebook? Internet safety?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never wanted to be in Lincoln, Nebraska on December 28th more . . . .

      Delete
    2. I think you need to see how many strangers you can fit in that snuggie. Kind of like how people used to try to fit as many people as possible into a VW bug, because bored and pre-internet.

      Delete
    3. Obviously there better be a Stranger picture time.

      Delete
  2. That picture where you called Duncan your knitting snuggle buddy I thought you said knitting snuggie buddy at first and that I had an explosive idea: YOU SHOULD KNIT A SNUGGIE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why do you think I'm learning to knit?

      Delete
    2. Annnnnd why did the Strangerhood of the Traveling Snuggie already start???

      Delete
  3. Please join us! It'd be lovely to have a big gathering!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so thrilled that Strangers are meeting up!! Why don’t we have mini reunion in the towns we share?

    Ames, I wish the PTA shirt were in your custody right now, so you could wear it at the Lincoln chapter of Strangerhood!

    Michelle Collett

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG the letter from the 14 year old girls made me want to stand on my desk and clap. I hate that it needs to be said, but I'm so glad someone did say it. I have a 13 year old niece that I love to pieces who is struggling because adult men feel like it's ok to hug her without permission and follow her around asking personal questions. She doesn't know how to establish boundaries and tell them to leave her the hell alone, because she's a kid and they're grown ups and she feels powerless. Other adults step in and tell these creeps that this is not OK, but creeps are like hydras, get rid of one and two more pop up in its place. It absolutely infuriates me, which is why starting next week she's coming to boxing class with me, not just for the self defense aspect but for the self respect that comes with it.

    On a lighter note I think it's awesome that Strangers are becoming friends and meeting together. It does my old cynical heart good. In that spirit I'd like to say that if any Cache Valley Strangers want to meet up I'm always down for weekend brunch at Herm's Inn or Gibbons Green Gate Farm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Call Cam. There are multiple strangers in his office and you're pretty much a celebrity here.

      Delete
    2. I know a couple Cam's, you're going to have to be more specific.

      Delete
    3. I'd carpool roadtrip from SLC to Logan to meet and have brunch with the famous Suzzzzz. Holla other SLCers

      Delete
    4. We could meet in Brigham City at the Rusted Spoon, not exactly half way but at least you wouldn't have to drive the canyon.

      Delete
    5. The one who appraises homes and "Cook"s. I second Eli's Maddox suggestion. -Derek (aka Anonymous)

      Delete
    6. Seriously? I've never understood the appeal. The hashbrowns at the Rusted Spoon are the BEST diner hashbrowns in the state. Plus their pies are to die for. Plus who doesn't love a restaurant that sells t-shirts that say "Spooning leads to Forking"?

      Delete
    7. OK Jen, if I can get some Northern Utah Strangers to meet up at The Rusted Spoon for a get together, I will buy you one of those shirts and mail it to you.

      Delete
  6. Your blog may need a language warning the way it is going lately. Just sayn’.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So impressed you've been learning to knit #madskillz. I feel your pain about the knitting project (much more difficult to fix mistakes than crocheting!) I've been working on a hat for a while now--it's taking forever because I keep having to unravel it and start over because there's a dropped stitch or something. Ryan Gosling will be excited to know he's got another bro knitter out there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun fact-there is actually a St. Bibiana. She didn't graduate from high school either though, probably because she was martyred...and from the 4th century.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know a Biviana, not a Bibiana. But since I don't watch the show either, Meg will have to double check the pronunciation.

      Delete
  9. OMG I JUST READ YOUR BACHELOR POST AND I AM CRYING FROM LAUGHING!! I cannot wait for this season (also don't watch just read about it!!)

    ReplyDelete