Thursday, February 8, 2018

Pictures from my Phone & Weekly Distractions

Earlier this week Paul Simon posted on Instagram that he was retiring, which was a huge shock because he didn't even attempt to consult with me about this huge decision that affects both of us equally. After screaming so loudly that you could see it from space, I googled everything on the entire internet and found out that Paul is going on a "farewell tour" this year.

Then I spent eleventy hundred billion dollars buying super good tickets to see him in a city "near" me. And by "near" I mean "very not near" because for some reason Paul decided not to include Salt Lake City on his farewell tour and I can only assume this is because he knew it would be too hard to say goodbye. So now none of us are going to be able to think of anything else until I go to this concert three months from now.

Sorry about your jobs.

And now, your Pictures & Distractions:
Same.

We have a problem. 



A recent visit to the Utah Supreme Court.

Renley!

Walked into the room and found them like this.

Still the best snuggler in town.

Biking through winter.

Found a rug for the office.


Crap to distract you from whatever you're supposed to be doing:

10 times people didn't send dog pics to the "we rate dogs" twitter account. Thanks, Melissa.

The Onion's new podcast. Thanks, Meg.

America's most Instagrammed landmarks by state. Thanks, Brian.

The 15 weirdest TV shows of all time. Thanks, Jessica.

Vintage Disneyland photos. Thanks, Mandy.

Since I'm in DIY mode right now, here are some renovation fails.

Please come join us on the Facebooks!

If you have something you would like to include on Pictures and Distractions, please email me at itjustgetsstranger@gmail.com.

~It Just Gets Stranger

16 comments:

  1. I saw the dreadful news and my first thought was ‘I wonder if Eli knows and if he’s curled up in a ball crying about it’ and came over to check the blog and saw that someone already broke the news to you. I’m sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same as Andra-- I heard on the radio about Paul Simon and immediately thought, "Oh no, poor Eli!" On the brighter side, maybe now that he's retiring, he'll have more free time to spend with you...?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok thank you for keeping me updated on all things Paul Simon because I follow zero news outlets or celebrity Instagram accounts. I’m crying. I went immediately to check the tour schedule thinking “At least I live right by NYC, of course he will be coming here!” But guess what, HE ISN’T. Is that not the weirdest thing??? So I’ll probably just fly to the Denver show and go with my parents because it’s either than or drive 3hrs to Boston or Philly. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I was really surprised to see that he's not doing a NYC concert. I wonder if he's just trying to hit cities he didn't hit on his last tour? He went to both SLC and NYC on the Stranger to Stranger tour so maybe he thinks we'll be too spoiled and we won't clean our rooms or listen to our parents anymore if he comes back.

      Tickets officially go on sale today (or yesterday?). I got mine a few days ago through some Am Ex early deal.

      Delete
    2. Ahh, that would make sense I guess! We definitely don't want to be too spoiled, the messy room situation is already outta control in my house as is. At first I thought maybe he was planning a "surprise" NYC show, one of those "oh we sold out but look! We added JUST ONE MORE!" But, his Philly and Boston shows are one night after the other, so no chance of that here. But at least going with my parents means I'll blend in with the crowd a little better!

      Delete
  4. I like that Matt has dogs climbing all over him and he hardly seems to notice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So on the most instagrammed place in each state, i was sort of disappointed? By how many of them were sports arenas and stadiums. I mean, i get it, but come on! I was so excited to see what people would love about Nebraska, and I shouldn’t have even gotten my hopes up. Of course it’s just football. Also I was infuriated that Indiana University gets more notice than Purdue. Way prettier campus. Way better school. That aside, I was very happy to see Acadia National Park for Maine. That is definitely as it should be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was a little surprised that ours was the Century Link Center in Omaha and not Memorial Stadium in Lincoln. Sports Ball. Of course, I would have preferred Carhenge, Chimney Rock, Ashfall, the crane migration... :)

      Delete
    2. And yeah I don’t even know what sport is played at that stadium, I just assumed football... haha.

      Delete
  6. I saw 15 Weirdest TV Shows and I clicked it fully expecting Glee to be #1. Boy was I disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes but where are all the snuggie photos and updates from the Strangers on the mailing list? Inquiring minds want to know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I was planning on just sharing it all at the end in one big post. Should I be doing it as we go instead?

      Delete
    2. My lack of patience says that we should have some updates along the way, but that’s just my opinion. You’re the ringleader of this circus.

      Delete
    3. Yes please! It could be a series, like the lost journal series, with a handful of entries in each one.

      Delete
  8. On the renovation fails, I thoroughly enjoy the thought of a renegade on the tile crew who is either punishing the owner for either their lack of creativity or their design preferences.

    ReplyDelete