Thursday, August 9, 2018

Pictures from my Phone & Weekly Distractions

Toward the end of my Europe trip a few weeks ago I got a text out of the blue from Matt that said, "sorry about your house."

This is a terrible thing to have someone say to you without any context whatsoever while you are thousands of miles away from home.

A few days and eleventy flights later, I walked into the place at 1:00 in the morning, wondering if the reason for Matt's apology would be readily apparent. It was. During the two weeks I was gone, Matt completely rearranged my entire house. He moved paintings and furniture. He hauled stuff from one room to another. He made a pile of lamps and other decorations that were to be discarded. He even bought some stuff and left me a bill.

How much do you have to hate someone's taste to show up and do something like that while they're on vacation?

Anyway, your Pictures & Distractions:




Skylar gives the best neck massages.

So, Ollie found chocolate at my house.

My new painting from Italy.

Matt's birthday party.

Skylar at a concert he said he was too sick to attend.



Crap to distract you from whatever you're supposed to be doing:

Our latest episode of Hive Mind where we talk about TV and Eight Grade, the movie.

Birthday idea, for me. Thanks, Katie.

A great discovery while remodeling. Thanks, The Suzzzzzzzzzz.

The Instagram skeleton who imitates every girl on instagram. Thanks, The Suzzzzzzzzz.

Beat It played on bottles. Thanks, Jake.

Please come find us on the Facebooks.

If you would like to have something included on Pictures & Distractions, please email me at itjustgetsstranger@gmail.com.

~It Just Gets Stranger

16 comments:

  1. Where did you find Matt and where do I get one? Someone (with an eye for these things) rearranging AND buying new things for my house while I'm gone sounds amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would literally PAY Matt to do this at my house. Let me know when he will be in Nebraska. Can we set something up? Also, do I get a free trip to the Ukraine out of this deal, or what? I'm not sure how this works.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um. Excuse me? One Mimi has to be worth like . . . one quarter of a Matt in scenarios like that.

    Also, I kind of thought your house looked really awesome from the pictures you've posted here. Now I wonder how much more amazing it could have looked like, because we all know that Matt is a house wizard. I'm grateful to hear that he didn't touch your yard. Mr. Pham might have had some strong words for Matt over something like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uh, you were amazing at my house. Best sister ever. One Mimi is worth everything. But also, wouldn't it be fun to have Matt come do it and we could be wandering around some part of Europe, or Brazil, or Australia, or JAKARTA or BALI or wherever we wanted to be. And then came home and our house was amaze.

      Say Eli, will Matt throw babysitting into this deal? How do we get ahold of this man, anyway?

      Delete
  4. Helllllloooooo - We need before and after pictures of the house of course!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh mylanta— that skeleton instagram! #literallydead

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need before and afters.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Imma need your best before and after pics so I can decide if I'm appalled at what he had the nerve to do, or if I'm jealous of you You for having a Matt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’ll get some pics out. He’s not quite done yet. But the man’s got talent. I think he should do this full time.

      Delete
  8. We should each be provided with our own Matt the moment we buy a house. It needs to be part of a standard purchase agreement.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm going on vacation in September (a nine day camping trip, pray that I survive). How do I get my house keys to Matt so he can do the same while I'm gone?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm in line after Niki, I'm going to Bali this winter...I'll send you the code to my garage keypad, send Matt up and turn him loose. Although it might be easier to just burn the house down and start over.

      Delete
  10. I re-read the Europe trip posts, which got me curious enough to Google. The Saint Petersburg Metro has the longest individual escalators in the world at 453ft long and 226ft high. In case you were wondering. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can Matt come do my house? It's older than yours and looks like it. Not now as it's elevently million degrees in St. George. But November is lovely here.

    ReplyDelete
  12. One time my dad was cat-sitting for me, which consisted of literally just going and giving my cat food and water once a day. I got an email halfway through my trip where he told me *someone* must've broken into my apartment on one of the days he "didn't make it" to feed my cat, and locked her in my bedroom and also she peed all over my bed.

    ReplyDelete