Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Conversation with Daniel

Daniel: So guess what song I heard on the radio the other day that I haven't heard in years?

Eli: Soooo tell me what you want what you really really want--

Daniel: No. It was--

Eli: Myyyyyyy milkshake brings all the boys to the ya--

Daniel: No! They were playing--

Eli: Dun-da-da-da-da-da-dun-dun. Da dun-da-da-da-da-da-dun-dun. Ice, ice baby. Under pressure!

Daniel: NO!

Eli: I put my hands up, they're playing my song, and the butterflies fly away--

Daniel: Ok, stop please.

Eli: Baby, baby, baby, oh! Baby, baby, ba--

Daniel: Seriously, stop.

Eli: If you wanna get with me, you better make it laa-aast.

Daniel: You already did that one.

Eli: And I was like BOOM! BOOM! I put it in the hoop like SLAM! SLAM! I hear the crowds screamin' out JAM! JAM! I swear that I'm tellin' you the facts! Cause that's how I beat Shaq!

Daniel: Why do you even know these songs?

Eli: Sometimes I think that airplanes in the night sky are like movie stars!

Daniel: Those aren't even the right words.

Eli: New Yoooork! I've become a wintry tomato!

Daniel: Even fewer right words.

Eli: I give up. What did you hear?

Daniel: It was . . . um . . . now all I can think about is that awful Spice Girls song!

Eli: Zigazig ha.

~It Just Gets Stranger

28 comments:

  1. This was, by far, my favorite post ever. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seriously just almost peed my pants from laughing so hard, but I held it in. I'm not letting my bladder control, or lack thereof, ruin this year too! 2012... Pshh that was the old me. Seriously though you are hysterical.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad that Daniel recognized and pointed out that you sang Spice Girls twice.

    I am worried though about why you know an obscure Aaron Carter song about Shaq....I was a ten year old girl when that song came out. What's your excuse?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Turns out I was actually 12 when that song came out; nonetheless, I had a reason to know that song. You knowing it...worries me.

      Delete
  4. Your taste in music is impeccable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a little sad you didn't include "My Heart Will Go On," not gonna lie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is funny, but only because it didn't happen to me. You were being anything but helpful, Eli. Which means you won that exchange, of course...
    Daniel made a valid point: why do you know all those songs? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, "How I Beat Shaq..." Dude, you should not know that song unless you are a girl born in the 90's or a BSB groupie who took their love for Nick and transferred it to the next generation. That being said, amazing post. If I were Daniel, I would take the radio away from you forever.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Impressive lyric recallection on the spot!

    ReplyDelete
  9. bahahahahhahaha THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!! :) (but now I have spice girls stuck in my head....)

    ReplyDelete
  10. There is no acceptable or reasonable excuse of why you could possibly know those songs, except for the half queen song, that is acceptable :). This is hilarious!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't know what's worse.. The fact that you're 28 and remember these songs or me just listening to a bunch of Aaron Carter's songs on youtube. Na na na na, Na na na na, na na na na, yeah yeah yeah yeah ♫

    ReplyDelete
  12. YEAH AARON CARTER!
    I borrowed the "Aaron's Party" CD from a friend during high school, because she dug it up and listened to it with me on a road trip once and I had forgotten how much I loved it...
    it's still in my iTunes and I still listen to it on a somewhat regular basis.

    ReplyDelete
  13. неймовірний!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That Spice Girls song is going to be in my head for the rest of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hilarious! I'm old and I even got that!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Trying to fall asleep but it's hard when "if you want to be my lover" keeps going through my head. I need to stop reading Stranger right before bed.

    ReplyDelete
  17. "I've become a wintry tomato" = Awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. haha sadly that is what a normal conversation is like in my house with my entire family! that and we constantly quote tons of movies!!! I've just found this blog and I must say you are amazingly funny and I've enjoyed reading this blog!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Dude I swear she says "wintry tomato" but NO ONE else EVER heard it. Fist bump.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have to ask, is the New York Wintry Tomato comment supposed to be empire state of mind??? That is my running song...as in when i do a 5k its on repeat the whole time cause it paces me! Don't worry, I switch it up at Ragnar. These new lyrics had better make me run faster not slower!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wintry Tomato. There are no words! HAHA!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Best post ever. I love you. "I've become a wintry tomato." Dying.

    ReplyDelete