Friday, January 11, 2013

Pictures from my Phone & Weekly Distractions

Another week concludes on planet Earth, where we all live.

Guys, it was a week ago I asked you to send those emails. And can you believe that I STILL haven't explained myself?! I should be at the top of the Worst Things Ever list.

Next week. I promise. Cross my heart. Pinky swear. Scout's honor with the three fingers up (Eli McCann: Eagle Scout, 1997. I can show you my card to prove it. I'm sure I got a card for that, right? All I remember is I had to learn how to tie 5 billion knots and hate camping).

The post is not ready yet. Have you ever tried to eat a turkey before it was done cooking? Exactly. You don't want that to happen here, do you? I'm practically protecting you from getting worms. You're welcome.

Gosh, maybe I should be on the Best Things Ever list.

My two pairs of shoes. I wear the flip-flops to and from work (and everywhere else). When I get to work I change in to my "business" sandals, pictured on the right. Truthfully, most of the day I walk around my office barefoot. Life is hard in Palau.



My office. Those sticky notes will overtake me by the end of the year. As will the 200 empty water bottles.
Some of my closest friends, Anna, Emma, and Isabel sent these books full of pictures documenting our last year together. I wanted to climb inside of them and experience it all again. Even the hard parts.

And my very good friend Hannah sent along this small flask of snow from Salt Lake City recently in hopes that it would help us have a white Christmas in Palau. Sadly, it had already melted by the time it got here.


Crap to distract you from whatever you're supposed to be doing:

Ghost drive-through prank.

Cat facts texts. Thanks, Valli.

Is anyone who reads Stranger surprised by this story? Thanks for bringing it to our attention, Heidi.

I'm not sure whether we should be thanking or cursing Tricia for sending us this.

Moscow's stray dogs master the city's complex metro system. Thanks, Brian.

Faces in Places. Surprisingly captivating. Thanks, Erika.

~It Just Gets Stranger

12 comments:

  1. The anticipation for this post is eating me alive. It's quite tragic actually....

    ReplyDelete
  2. uhm WHAT, my office overlooks Monument Circle in Indianapolis where the rooster was running wild. HOW DID I MISS THE ROOSTER?!!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't think of anything more disturbing than that pinup/cat abomination. My eyes...

    LOVED the ghost drive-thru, though! Thanks for that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS Living in Palau, you're missing what they're calling Winter Storm Gandalf. Yep, they're naming winter storms now, and they called this one Gandalf. (I'm a nerd, as it turns out, so the "Gandalf" thing I saw as a silver lining.)

    http://theginabean2.blogspot.com/2013/01/i-had-plans-gandalf.html

    So. Yeah. Maybe hot doesn't seem so bad now, does it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I want to be your assistant, Palau seems like my kind of place! Stop the torture and spill the beans on TMZ.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The article about the dogs in Moscow strengthen the idea that dogs are better than cats. Cat pinups? My eyes are still burning.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That drive-thru prank is one of the funniest things I've seen in a long time.

    I'm a little jealous you get to wear sandals to work. I had to actually pull out my jacket this morning. My jacket. I live in California. Why do I even need to OWN a jacket?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I clicked on the last link because I thought it said "feces in places". I still liked it though.
    Flo.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That moment when you've read every post on the Most popular list and you don't know what to do with the rest of your life. So you look at picture's of Eli's shoes and pretend it fills the void you never knew existed before this moment.
    I think I might be in love ;P!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Um... Am I the ONLY one who noticed you have two of the EXACT SAME picture RIGHT NEXT to eachother? I mean, that's just weird, amiright? Even in Texas, where weird is, apparently, "normal."

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is really fantastic advice, thank you so much
    Telephone System

    ReplyDelete
  12. I want to live in a place where I can wear Business Sandals!!!

    ReplyDelete