Friday, January 18, 2013

Pictures from my Phone & Weekly Distractions

Happy weekend, dear strangers. This week has been a fun one with you all. Enjoy some pictures and distractions. Have a good one, and remember: either laugh so hard you cry, or cry so hard you laugh; either way, make sure laughing is part of it.


Made borsch again. And as always, it was heavenly. And that stove clock is always 25 minutes ahead, no matter what I do. Always. No matter what.


Mmmm . . . .

My incredibly sweet grandma sent me this scarf she made for me. It was ironic that when I opened it, I wasn't wearing a shirt. Because it was SO FREAKING HOT. Guys. Maybe I haven't been clear about this. It's HOT in Palau. But the scarf is nice. Can't wait to use it next winter.

Dusk, from my apartment.

Daniel and Brian swimming near a waterfall.

I could never get sick of this.


Crap to distract you from whatever you're supposed to be doing:

Man who outsourced his job so he could watch videos of cats all day.

21 situations you should be happy you're not in. Thanks, Allison.

Sometimes Pinterest is just Skymall digitized. Thanks again, Allison.

The worst parts about being left-handed.

10 celebrities you thought were dead.


~It Just Gets Stranger

17 comments:

  1. Your pictures are beautiful!! Except next time, if it's so hot, take your pants off, and THEN model the scarf.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think Mormons do that...

      Delete
    2. This seriously made me laugh so so hard! I think you're right though. About Mormons, and nudity.

      Delete
    3. I keep hoping...I mean look at that body!

      Delete
  2. I think that scarf could come in useful in Palau. I mean, it covers your nipples so it's kind of like wearing a shirt, right? When it's too hot to put on a shirt and you need to go somewhere you just throw that scarf on and no problems! You can get several, and that can be your fancy 'work' nipple cover.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And in the (un)fortunate case of #NipSlip...well, they are all the rage these days. I'm sure no one would complain and you'd really make TMZ blush.

      Delete
  3. Ha! That's exactly what I was thinking. It's the perfect accessory because it covers the only thing that needs to be covered when you leave the house... the nipples.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Eli, I just spent my entire day looking at those Pinterest pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You used two of my links! Yessssssss!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Um. You are a beautiful man. That's all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I looked at your borsch recipe you posted a while ago and I noticed that though you list pinto beans on the ingredient list, you don't talk about when to add them to the mix. What about them? And are we incorrect when we call it borscht?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry about that. It has been fixed. Just throw the beans in toward the end. I usually do it just before I add the beets and carrots to the pot.

      Delete
    2. Oh, and no, you are not incorrect to call it borscht. That spelling reflects the Russian pronunciation. This is a recipe for Ukrainian borsch, and the spelling I use reflects the Ukrainian pronunciation. And actually, I should probably spell it "borshch" if I'm being more accurate. I just get a little lazy.

      Delete
  8. I totally just found the Queen of Colors, have you seen this? She's all over the world!

    http://themetapicture.com/apparently-the-continents-can-be-rearranged-to-form-a-chicken/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yogi Berra's still alive??

    Confession: I have never had borsch. I am ashamed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. NOW I get why I never mastered video games as well as my siblings. The controllers are made for righties. That's a totally legit excuse.

    ReplyDelete