Thursday, August 13, 2015

Pictures from my Phone & Weekly Distractions

I got a haircut today NOT THAT I EVER NEED A HAIRCUT BECAUSE MY HAIR NATURALLY GROWS TO THE PERFECT LENGTH AND THEN STOPS. Anyway, I walked the four blocks from my office in the middle of the afternoon to Ashley at Array Salon (shout out!) and it was eleventy thousand degrees so by the time I got there my whole back looked like I had just gone down a water slide at a disease-ridden water park.

Well, they make you lay down at this place I go to so they can wash your hair before they cut it, which is good because if they didn't my hair would literally never get washed. But today it was mortifying because when I got up from the bench, there was a big sweaty wet mark where my back had been and homegirl had to clean it off

You guys. I'm trash. And I'm running out of places I can still go to.

And now, your Pictures and Distractions:
Matt's birthday party.



Someone on Instagram thought this looked like meatloaf. It is homemade German chocolate cake. Thankyouverymuch.

Setting up our Craft Lake City empanada and otai stand.

Mr. Pants graduated from puppy kindergarten! He can shake now! (Photo shamelessly stolen from Matt)

My 85-year-old grandma knows how to address me in email.


Crap to distract you from whatever you're supposed to be doing:

WHAT DID I JUST WATCH?!?! Thanks, Gaby.

Cuddling with strangers. Thanks, Krishelle.

40 funny photos. Thanks, Krishelle.

Hysterically and tragically terrible Russian propaganda. Thanks, Craig.

For Devil in the White City fans. Thanks, Matt.

100 places to visit before you die. Thanks, Jake.

Hilariously wrong Harry Potter subtitles. Thanks, Jackie.

11 ways to start a conversation with anyone. Thanks, Paula.

Badass eagle takes out drone. Thanks, Tyler.

11 beautiful small tows from around the world. Thanks, Christian.

Please follow us on the Facebooks and the Instagrams.

If you would like to have something included on Pictures and Distractions, please email me at itjustgetsstranger@gmail.com.

~It Just Gets Stranger

17 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, Jackie! Thank you for the Harry Potter subtitles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Harry Potty subtitles... I am cry-laughing at work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! Your grandma!!! How did your bread turn out? Did you use your grandma's made up recipe or your mom's?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm pretty sure that first picture is the same picture you've recycled on here eleventy million times. And I never exaggerate. *cough*

    And where's a picture of your star? Where's Brianne? WHERE'S THE LOVE FOR THE PERSON THAT DOES EVERYTHING FOR YOU!?!!?!

    Aside from all of that...how was the meatloaf?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lee: I am so glad that someone sees how amazing I am. The funny thing is, I was at the birthday party and Eli chose to post one without me in it. I see where I stand. You are definitely the only reason I will continue reading his blog, Lee.

      Have a great day :)
      Brianne

      Delete
    2. Brianne - if you ever decide to leave SLC and move to Michigan - I'm positive I could find a job for you in my office. :)

      Delete
  5. I think it's perfect that I saw the picture of Ollie's obedience training certificate just moments after I saw your instagram video of him chewing up Matt's stuff . . . .

    ReplyDelete
  6. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yO7MWuJ7zLA
    CHICKEN YODELING!
    This was a recommended link on the youtube page of the German spruce song...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the Queen of Colors! It's everywhere... even in German music videos!

      Delete
  7. I like the 11 beautiful "tows"

    Nick

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was reading the Harry Potter subtitles at work. Good thing no one else was around because it made me laugh out loud! So funny :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. um I want your mom's 2 hour whole wheat bread recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  10. um I want your mom's 2 hour whole wheat bread recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  11. what kind of club do you go to with your grandma? Costco?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice shout out! Love the blog! Lol and I don't even remember this!! - Ashlee from Array!

    ReplyDelete