Friday, February 28, 2014

Pictures From My Phone & Weekly Distractions

Happy February's end, Strangers. We have had a very odd February in Salt Lake City. For several weeks it has been sunny and warm. I'm talking t-shirt weather. I noticed just yesterday that tulips have started busting through the ground. Typically February in SLC is miserable. I think I really need to go watch that documentary about the Polar Bears because right now I feel like there is no downside to climate change.

And now, your pictures and distractions:
Daniel and Emily




Daniel and Anna. A karaoke DISASTER.


Daniel was trying to document all of the times in Mexico he found me wearing his clothes. Here, I'm wearing his shoes. Also, the moment we got to his place in Arizona, I started going through his stuff and packing my own bag with his clothing.

We stopped by Salvation Mountain (near my grandma's house) on our way back to Phoenix.


*****
Stranger Picture of the Week
Thanks, Melissa.


Crap to distract you from whatever you're supposed to be doing:

Public poultry shaming. Finally, the Q of C gets what she deserves. Thanks, Sharbat.

Oh my gosh. Ski ballet. Thanks, Chelsea.

Downton Abbey spoof. Thanks, Gaylor.

Scared faces. Thanks, Angela.

Cat Curling. Thanks, Erika.

Use Siri to get dates. Thanks, Lori.

Facts that will alter your understanding of time. Thanks, Kimbally.

One-minute video of a man wandering the world. Thanks, Jason.

Obvious truths we all forget. Thanks, Zac.

If you have something you like to be included in Pictures & Distractions, email me at itjustgetsstranger@gmail.com

~It Just Gets Stranger

16 comments:

  1. I thought the stranger picture of the week was of you guys at Salvation Mountain. I thought you might have a stalker stranger that followed you to mexico....but then I scrolled down. Needless to say I was a little disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOW IS SKI BALLET NOT AN OLYMPIC SPORT?!?!??!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agree! I would watch that every day!

      Delete
  3. Your friends are hot. All of them. Every time you post a picture of your friends, they are always hot. How do you do this? Also, your hair looks great today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are no ugly people in Utah. Everyone is hot.

      Delete
  4. Is it just me or does Daniel's arm look freakishly long in the 4th picture???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm starting to actually read this blog now, so watch it sister (or whatever gender you are)!

      Delete
    2. Daniel! I see you have a blog (with no posts)! When can we expect to see you blogging regularly?

      Delete
    3. Anonymous: Why do you attack Hulk? Hulk does not want to fight you. Hulk does not even know you!

      Delete
  5. Eli, you said you were only wearing Daniel's shoes...but judging by the 8-inch cuff on your turned-up jeans, that's not all you borrowed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope that's not his tooth brush you're using... blech!!! hocktooey!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohmygosh the Downton Abbey spoof... I would SO totally watch an entire musical episode! How have I not seen that before?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You might find this useful if you ever find yourself taking care of an unwanted cat and in need of nourishment.
    http://www.cookyourpet.com/frames_intro.htm

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's actually Kaylor, lol. Don't feel bad though. I was at a coffee shop the other day and the worker asked what my name was. I said, "Kaylor, it's like Taylor but with a K." She looked at me for a second, and then with understanding in her eyes said, "Oh! Like Taylor Swift." Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Salvation Mountain! It is SO WEIRD!

    ReplyDelete