Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Poor Hannah

On Monday night my good friend Hannah came over to my place and graciously made me dinner. You guys. Anyone who wants to come over to my house and make me dinner is welcome to stay for as long as they want, no questions asked. I would let the Queen of Colors into my house if it said it was there to make me dinner. And this is even though I know for a fact that the Queen of Colors has never made dinner for anyone who has lived to tell the tale.

Salmonella poisoning, usually.

Hannah stayed for a bit and we were happy to catch up, having not seen one another for several weeks. And then I, in a very gentlemanly manner, walked her out. Well, I was only half a gentleman. Because I only walked her to the front door of my building and not to her car.

You guys! WHAT IF THERE WAS SOMEONE DANGEROUS OUT THERE WAITING TO HURT US?!

On the way out, and upon seeing a shiny banister running down a flight of stairs, I commented that I've never really tried to slide down a banister. You know, like they do in the movies.

I attempted this and mostly it was a disaster. But not nearly the disaster that it was when Hannah tried.


Come on over Hannah! Make me dinner, walk yourself out to your car, and almost kill yourself on the banister while I laugh and video your blunder to be shared with the whole world. Next time, please bring cheesecake.

~It Just Gets Stranger

26 comments:

  1. I laugh more and more every time I press replay! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite is that instead of using BOTH hands to help her up, you kept the camera rolling. Thanks for thinking of us in Hannah's dire time of need - oh and also this could be a PSR for not sliding down banisters! Loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I predict that I will watch this video more than 20 times today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best part: "I don't know how to help you."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everyone I've worked with has now seen this video...twice. Thanks for making us laugh before 8:30am.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is the nicest-looking apartment stairwell I have ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My same thought. Where does Eli live, Downton Abbey?

      Delete
    2. Please tell me he speaks with a British accent at home.

      Delete
    3. Which Downton Character is Eli? My guess is Tom. No! Mary!

      Delete
    4. Definitely Mary. A little snarky and judgemental, but with a heart of gold. And great hair.

      Delete
    5. Mary, cause she can be a real b sometimes, but you can't help but love her.

      Delete
    6. Eli compared himself to Edith on Twitter. His dating life, specifically.

      Delete
  7. Please record every second of your life. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lies. You never let me come over to your house and make you dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your priorities; your friend fell off a banister, and (naturally!), you're like, "Keep rolling. This stuff is gold."

    Hannah is a fantastic friend. I think YOU owe HER dinner. And cheesecake.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Props to Hannah for hanging on to that stairwell like it was the wooden plank Kate clung to in Titanic. I'm super impressed that she didn't crash all the way to the floor. I gotta know - did she pee her pants? Cause that's totally what I would have done.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What I wanna know is what would the Queen of Colo(u)rs make for dinner? Chicken a la King?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm just so glad you made sure to do this on the first floor. Her life flashed before my eyes thinking it was higher - and I don't even know anything about her life, so I had to make it up. BTW she had an adorable awkward phase of junior high.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, tooooooo!

      Well, in that I thought she was going to die. I did NOT have an adorably awkward Jr. High phase. It was all awkward, all the time. Never look back!

      Delete
  13. Hannah...so clumsy, but so hot. How is no one else commenting on that girl's legs!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would have, but it was kind of hard to see them whilst they were flailing about.

      :D

      I think Eli should take a better picture at a later date (once she's healed up from the crash) with a nice dress on so that we may better judge her legs. ;)

      Delete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Daniel, you sure do know how to make a girl blush ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Its been more than 24 hours and yet I'm still replaying this video.... LOL

    ReplyDelete
  17. HAHAHAHAHA "I DON'T KNOW HOW TO HELP YOU". Oh my gosh. Epic excellence.

    ReplyDelete